Tailgate CrockPot Pierogies with Kielbasa, Bacon, and Onions are perfect for your tailgate is made in the slow cooker!
It is no secret, I am from Pittsburgh originally and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Some ask are you a Browns fan? Hell no.
I was born with the black and gold in my veins. My entire life “One for the Thumb.” The Steelers got one for the thumb, and I was living in Cleveland when they did it. Now they are Sixburgh, Stairway to Seven.
Trust me it is interesting being a Pittsburgher living in Cleveland sometimes. Let’s just say I understand why Cleveland has many issues. One of those issues they are very stuck in the past and have no will to move on.
I can not explain it except if you live here for 2 weeks, you see what I mean. The best example I can give you is, when someone picks up on my accent, they say to me, ” Are you from PA?” I say yes, from Pittsburgh. They say, “Oh I feel so sorry for you, I bet you’re a Steelers Fan.”
Why would they feel sorry for me? I feel sorry for them. I am from a home of Champions. Cleveland can not say the same.
Steelers make history with the SuperBowl wins. The Browns have never been to even one SuperBowl. Steelers is Black and Gold Nation, Browns are associated with a bathroom habit. So why feel sorry for me? That is how they are in Cleveland.
Tailgate CrockPot Pierogies with Kielbasa, Bacon, and Onions
I am gearing up for today, Football Sunday. I have been getting slammed left and right because I am a Pittsburgh and a Steeler’s Fan. With Football starting it is time to tailgate. Let’s be honest there is no such thing as a healthy tailgate.
It is people making stuff out the back of trucks and drinking beer, that is a tailgate party. So yes, these pierogies, no they are not dieting-friendly. They most likely are a heart attack waiting to happen, but they taste so damn good!
A good Pittsburgh tailgate you got to have pierogies. What makes these taste so good I think the sauce. Plus you they are CrockPot Pierogies! For the true Pittsburgh spirit, serve them up with maybe a bit of Iron City. Anyway, that is my opinion, but trust me you will love these CrockPot Pierogies with Kielbasa, Bacon, and Onions.
Check out these recipes
Tailgate Crock Pot Pierogies with Kielbasa, Bacon, and Onions are perfect for your tailgate is made in the slow cooker! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 stick of butter divided
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1 bag of Oscar Meyer Bacon
- 2 boxes of Ms 's Pierogies I like one box potato and cheese and another with sauerkraut
- 1 package of skinless polish kielbasa cut up
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Muenster cheese, shredded
- 1 small carton of sour cream 8oz
- First thing want to do is lightly spray the crock pot with a cooking spray, this help with the pierogies sticking to the crock pot. After that, place 4 tablespoons of the butter in the crock pot, and turn the crock pot on high. This is going to melt the butter.
- Next, melt the rest the butter in a fry pan and saute the onions, saute them till they are just starting to get golden.
- Once the onions are starting to turn golden, add the bacon to the onions, and let them cook for about a minute together, stir constantly in that minute.
- Next, add the balsamic vinegar and heavy cream to the onion mixture. reduce the heat and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes. make sure your stirring so you do not burn.
- Next add the muenster cheese to the sauce and turn the heat off. You just want it to melt into it, takes about a minute for this. stir and set the sauce aside. You can use another cheese, I happen to have this cheese and I was surprised how good it made the sauce.
- The butter should be melted or half way there in the crock pot, add the kielbasa to the crock pot.
- Layer the pierogies on top the kielbasa. I like to use both potato and sauerkraut, that just a taste thing but you can use all potato kinds if you choose.
- Pour the onion mixture on top the pierogies
- Top it off with the sour cream. Cover and let it cook on high for about 4 hours. Half way to cooking give the crock pot a stir, so the butter comes up and the sauce is coming down. Plus it helps with the pierogies sticking.
- Take some out the pot and ENJOY!
Is this something you would love to whip up in your kitchen? Share it and inspire others with this recipe!
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $9.99Was: $17.99