I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
[intro]Orange Roughy With Mandarine Napoleon Beurre Blanc is one of Julia Child recipes. The lemon beurre blanc sauce is made with Mandarine Napoleon. This orange roughy recipe is a wonderful French recipe.[/intro]
Julia Child Recipes
I am a huge fan of Julia child recipes. Julia Child is a cooking icon of mine. Julia Child was entertaining, but she wasn’t afraid to try things and if it didn’t go quite right, it wasn’t a disaster for her. Julia Child recipes are beloved by many.
Lemon Beurre Blanc
In the movie, Julie and Julia, a fish is being brought to the table and Meryl Streep, who was playing Julia Child, mumbles “butter.” That fish was served in lemon beurre blanc. I decided I want to make Julia’s lemon beurre blanc for this fish. I wanted to make Julia Child’s lemon beurre blanc for a orange roughy recipe.
Something interesting I discovered as I was trying to track the recipe down on Google, there were different versions of it. Then I saw this image on Google:
This is what I found interesting about Julia Child’s lemon beurre blanc, it is made with white wine vinegar. If you google Julia Child beurre blanc, almost all the “recipes” say to do vinegar and wine.
However, looking at this beurre blanc recipe that Julia Child sent her sister it says “white wine vinegar”. It also says “if it isn’t available to do vinegar and a wine.”
I had a bottle of Mandarine Napoleon, which is French liquor. I decided to enhance Julia Child’s lemon beurre blanc with the mandarine napoleon. The mandarine napoleon really gave this beurre blanc sauce a wonderful taste!
Orange Roughy Recipe
I love orange roughy. The orange roughy fillet is so light in flavoring that it is wonderful for a French recipe. When I decided to make a Julia Child fish recipe, I choose for it to be an orange roughy recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoons stick of cold unsalted butter, sliced into
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/8 Tablespoon salt
- 1/8 Tablespoon white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Mandarine Napoleon
- 1 large Orange Roughy Fillet
- lemon pepper salt
- In a saucepan, heat the shallots in the stock on medium low. Let it cook for about two minutes.
- Add the vinegar, and cream. Whisk it with the stock. Add one piece at the time, the butter. As the butter is melting into the vinegar mixture, start whisking it together.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes as you keep whisking the sauce.
- Add the Mandarine Napoleon, and season with the salt and pepper. Whisk it one more time, and let the sauce cook for one more minute.
- Take the sauce off the heat.
- In a shallow cooking pan, place the fish, season it with a little lemon pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, but reserve about 1/4-1/2 cup of the sauce for finishing. Cover with foil the pan.
- Place the pan in a oven that has been preheated for 400F degrees. Let the fish cook for 10-15 minutes.
- The fish will be done when it flakes very easily with a fork.
- Place the fish on a plate and drizzle the remaining sauce over it, then ENJOY!
You can omit the Mandarine Napoleon from this recipe if you wish. Substitute a tablespoon of orange juice if you do.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 783Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 233mgSodium: 1897mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 28g