I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Pork Spring Roll Bowl is an easy spring roll recipe. This egg roll in a bowl is a simple one-dish meal you can make for your family. You love serving this pork spring roll recipe for dinner!
One dish meals
I hate doing dishes! So when I can find one-dish meals, I am very happy! Why? Because one dish meals mean fewer dishes for me to wash!
That’s what I love about an egg roll in a bowl, it is a one-dish recipe. Plus homemade egg rolls can be tedious, so making an egg roll in a bowl is perfect and simple.
Pork spring roll recipe
I have tried to make spring rolls in the past, like a cheeseburger spring roll. I will be honest, I don’t like fried stuff as much as I did when I was younger. So making a pork spring roll recipe was a disaster for me.
It was a disaster because I tried to bake the spring rolls and just was a mess. So I needed to do something g different for my pork spring roll recipe.
Egg roll in a bowl
All an egg roll in a bowl is a deconstructed egg roll in a bowl. Less fuss and the best part are it can be made without deep frying. But what about the egg roll wrappers?
Egg roll wrappers
Since I was using pork, which is lean meat in this recipe, I wanted to try and keep it on the lighter side. So using egg roll wrappers was out. Instead, I decided to use Chinese noodles instead. This way you can still have egg roll wrapper crunch but without a lot of carbs.
Easy spring roll recipe
The hardest part of a spring roll recipe is wrapping up the spring roll. It is tedious. So making this pork spring roll as a bowl made this an easy spring roll recipe.
You get spring roll taste without a lot of fuss. Plus this spring roll recipe is filling and perfect for when wanting something different and easy for dinner.
- ¼ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Satay Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Crispy Rice Noodles
- 8 oz. Slaw Mix
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- Add 2 teaspoons of peanut oil with ¼ tsp. salt and a pinch of pepper to the hot pan
- Add the ground pork.
- Cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no pink remains, 5-7 minutes
- Transfer pork to a plate. and return pan over high heat.
- Without wiping out the pan, add red bell pepper, stir occasionally 2 minutes.
- Add slaw mix, cooked ground pork, satay sauce, green onions, garlic, seasoned rice vinegar, and half the crispy rice noodles to the pan.
- Stir until combined and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from burner, and garnish with remaining crispy rice noodles, and ENJOY!
Ground chicken can be used if you like instead of pork
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 453mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 32g