This post was most recently updated
Chicken Lime Soup is wonderful Mexican chicken soup! This southwest chicken soup has a bit of a zing for flavor. On a cold winter’s day, this Mexican chicken soup is what you need to warm you up!
Freaky Friday Recipes
It is that time again for Freaky Friday Recipes! What is Freaky Friday Recipes? The event is organized by Michaela from An Affair From The Heart. She organizes a bunch of food bloggers and assigns each a blog to make a recipe from.
Freaky Friday is once a quarter and is a surprise to what we all made from each other’s blogs! It is great to see how another blogger takes your recipe and makes it into one of their own!
House Of Nash Eats
For this winter edition of Freaky Friday Recipes, I was assigned the food blog of House Of Nash Eats. Amy has wonderful and flavorful dishes. I admit I am a huge fan of House Of Nash Eats photography. Amy’s food photography makes your mouth water. They are simply beautiful!
CHICKEN AVOCADO LIME SOUP
I had several choices I could pick from on House Of Nash Eats like:
I ultimately decided to go with Amy’s CHICKEN AVOCADO LIME SOUP. However, I did make a few changes to this chicken lime soup.
Southwest Chicken Soup
One of the reasons I decided on the southwest chicken soup was because I wanted to add some spice to my blog. Another reason this chicken lime soup was chosen as well is that, well it cold and flu season and chicken soup are perfect!
Mexican Chicken Soup
I just got over being sick so having a bowl of this Mexican chicken soup I really do believe helped me battle my cold. The heat of the peppers plus it is also a chicken soup recipe. It the perfect combo to help you battle germs!
Chicken Lime Soup
As you may have noticed, I am calling this soup recipe chicken lime soup. I took the avocado out of it. Why? Honestly, As I said I was sick and I forgot to pick up the avocado! None the less, It was amazing! That was one of my change to this recipe. No avocado!
I also added corn to give this chicken soup more of the southwest chicken soup feel to it. Plus I added in some tarragon, it was just a personal choice and left out radishes. Why? I just not a radish fan. This Mexican soup is amazing and you will love it!
Chicken Lime Soup is wonderful Mexican chicken soup! This southwest chicken soup has a bit of a zing for flavor. On a cold winter's day, this Mexican chicken soup is what you need to warm you up!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen white corn
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and jalapeno and saute for 2 minutes, just until tender.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken broth and water.
- Add the chicken breasts, tomatoes, tarragon, and coriander, plus the salt and pepper..
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Allow the soup to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle (about 5 minutes) shred with two forks.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the soup, along with the lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- Ladle into a bowl and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 1332mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 23g