Pineapple Zucchini Bread is a sweet, tropical twist onto the traditional zucchini bread. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
I got my heart-broken recently. I fell for yet another player. This time I caught onto his game early, well truth be told it became obvious he was playing a game with me. I text him would want to go to arts festival with me? He texts back no he doesn’t feel like going. Two hours later he posts on Facebook he was at Arts Festival. Next time I ask if want to go get pizza with me, says not hungry. Later on, he posts on Facebook a photo with friends with a caption, nothing like getting a slice with friends. Yeah, it became obvious he was playing a game with me.
I don’t know why I always fall for these guys that are jerks, but I do. I’m convinced the more jerkish a guy is, the more I will fall for him. One day, I know I will meet a guy that isn’t playing a game and isn’t a jerk. I just wish he would show himself so I would not have to go through this sea of players.
It has been chilly the last few days and I admit chilly weather is perfect weather to be cuddling in. I’m the glass of wine, fire in the fire-place, cuddled up talking/watching a movie with a guy type of gal. These players I go for the kind of make it hard to have that.
Speaking of chilly weather, I know the last of summer gardens are coming in. Zucchini is one those summer garden veggies, I love to cook and bake with. One thing many know to do with zucchini is zucchini bread.
I wanted to do something different than adding chocolate chips to it. I admit I am a tiny bit obsessed with pineapple and tropical-inspired dishes. Hey my bedroom a beach them, yeah I love tropical things besides Mediterranean too.
Anyway, I though why not have that summer taste go further in the form of zucchini bread. After playing around with it, this tropical inspired zucchini bread was born. It is the pineapple that just knocks it out the park.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini squeezed and dried in paper towel
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Beat the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until it is light and fluffy.
- Then stir in zucchini and pineapple to the egg mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend until it is just combined.
- Next add in nuts and raisins and stir well.
- Pour the batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then take out the pan, slice it up and ENJOY!