Pineapple Pomegranate Guacamole With Bacon has just that in it: Pineapple, Bacon, and Pomegranate! These flavors in the guacamole with a hint of an optional smoke flavor from the bacon make for a yummy guacamole.
Some Spring huh? So far it has been cold and we have had snow. Old man Winter just does not want to leave. I know the warm weather will be here soon.
I have to be patient for it, but I can not help it, I want Spring here now. Why? Well, Spring is huge changes for me. I am doing a huge move. I think I may have found “the place,” the new apartment. When I get back from vacation, I am going to put in the application for it.
It is perfect for me, it is my new start. Hopefully, I can get it. I am worried about my credit. It isn’t good and it is because of my divorce.
If you have ever gone through a divorce, you know what I mean. I have been trying to clean it up, but they are great for putting things on it, but hard to get it taken off. I do not understand why do we have 3 credit bureaus, and why do they dictate our credit rating?
Why is it 7 years things stay on a report? Can you say you do things exactly the same as you did 3 years ago? Not to sound political, but in my opinion, the government to me seems to have a bad credit rating.
I mean we are in debt, we owe money, yet they do not have 3 credit bureaus telling them they can’t do or have things all because they have a poor credit score. So why do we have this? I just think they need to redo a credit rating system.
Pineapple Pomegranate Guacamole With Bacon
I keep talking about change, how change is good, and it is. Sometimes you need to change up ordinary. That was what I decided to do with guacamole.
A co-worker made guacamole with pomegranate, it was really good. I made me start thinking about Pineapple Pomegranate Guacamole With Bacon. I am on a bacon kick, I have a foodie friend I bounce ideas off of, this the same person I am hoping to do a YouTube channel with, he is such an amazing cook and a great personality.
Anyway, I bounced the idea of Pineapple Pomegranate Guacamole With Bacon off on him. He suggested that I smoked the avocado first. It is a great idea, The guacamole needs something.
I love Hawaiian twist on foods, let’s go all out add pineapple. Then add pomegranate to this guacamole, and of course the bacon. It was superb, the perfect combo.
- 4 whole avocados (split and peeled (optional smoked))
- 1 cup white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 whole Jalapeno chilies (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (fresh)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds ((from 1 pomegranate))
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple (diced)
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon (crumbled (6 strips))
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- In a bowl, mash the avocado, a potato masher does work nice for this.
- Then add the onions, and jalapeno, continue mashing everything together. You can choose how smooth you like it to be, if you prefer a chunkier guacamole, it fine, that is how long you mash everything together.
- Add the lime juice and yogurt and mix it together.
- Finally, add the pineapple, bacon, and pomegranate, mix it all together in the guacamole.
- Save the “pit” or seed from the avocados, place it in the guacamole, it keeps the avocado thinks it still “whole” and will not brown. Then serve it up with some chips and ENJOY!
To smoke the avocados:
Before you peel them, pierce the avocado with a fork. If you do not have a smoker, get a large stock pot, put the aluminum foil on the bottom of the pot, add your wood chips, another layer of aluminum foil, Place a small tin pie plate to use as a steamer basket on the top. Put some foil around the lid to keep the smoke from escaping, let your avocados smoke on high heat for about five minutes, then on medium or medium-low heat for another 10-15 minutes. Then, after removing it from the heat, let the avocados sit in the smoke for another 10 minutes or so. Take them out, let them cool, then split, peel, and chop them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240