Banana Foster Bread is caramel and rum added to a banana bread recipe. It like eating bananas foster but in bread form! This yummy Banana Foster Bread just explodes with flavor!
I love creating different recipes. I love taking recipes like banana bread and seeing how I can make a twist on it. That is what I did for this bananas foster bread.
Best Banana Bread
What makes the best banana bread? For me, the best banana bread recipes are ones that are full of banana flavoring. To get that good banana flavor, you need the blackest bananas. That is the secret to the best banana bread.
Moist Banana Bread Recipe
One thing that makes this banana foster bread so amazing is that it is a moist banana bread recipe. The caramel and rum in this banana bread recipe really help make it a moist banana bread.
Banana Foster Bread
My family likes banana bread. My sister, in fact, makes banana bread as her stress relief. Banana bread is very iconic.
Chrissy was making banana bread when I spotted caramel bits from Kraft. The wheels started turning in my head, let’s make a banana foster inspired banana bread!
What is Banana Foster Bread without some rum? The idea came together nicely for this Bananas Foster Bread. It really is the best banana bread recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 1/3 cups mashed very overripe bananas (about 4-5 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kraft caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir into the sugar mixture the eggs, extracts, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Then, add the caramel bits.
- Finally, stir in the banana mixture into flour mixture, only stir to just to moisten.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Slice it up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410
Like it? Pin it!