Sunday Chicken Dinner On A Bun is a Sunday night dinner! This homestyle fried chicken dinner is actually a simple chicken sandwich recipe.
Good Sunday Dinner
What is a good Sunday dinner for you? How about fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy? Now that to me would be a Sunday night dinner I can watch during football season!
Why is that chicken dinner a good Sunday dinner during football season? It because fried chicken and football just go well together. With football sometimes being shown anytime starting at 6-8pm at night. Hey, a Sunday night dinner with fried chicken sounds wonderful!
Simple Chicken Sandwich Recipe
I can not take full credit for this simple chicken sandwich recipe. I was inspired by a gas station for this chicken sandwich fillings. Wait! What? A gas station? Yes, you read that correctly.
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Every month this gas station has a sandwich creation for $5. They had a fried chicken sandwich they called Grandma’s Chicken dinner. The concept was genius! This fried chicken sandwich was amazing!
Chicken Sandwich Fillings
This chicken sandwich popped into my head when I was trying come up with football food ideas. I wanted to do the chicken sandwich fillings in a way that would be quick to put together so you can enjoy a good Sunday dinner while watching the kickoff in a football game!
Chicken Dinner On A Bun
This chicken dinner on a bun is yummy. It is a complete fried chicken dinner but on a bun! Plus it is a simple chicken sandwich recipe that you can enjoy with friends and family!
- 4 whole frozen breaded chicken breasts
- 1 container ready made mashed potatoes
- 1 jar chicken gravy
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- Heat up the frozen chicken and mashed potatoes breasts according to the package directions
- Also heat up the gravy as well.
- When The chicken and potatoes are done assemble the sandwich.
- Add a layer of the mashed potatoes on the bottom the bun.
- Next, add the cheese.
- Place the chicken breast on top the cheese.
- Finally, cover everything with gravy, and place the top bun on the sandwich.
- Serve these up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610