Sweet Corn Cake is a copycat recipe of Chi Chi’s corn cake recipe. This Mexican corn cake is wonderful to have with a bowl of chili! You will love this simple sweet corn recipe!
Sweet Corn Recipes
There are so many sweet corn recipes out there. When you think sweet corn recipes, you may think of corn recipes that is a side dish. What about a dessert corn recipe like southern corn pudding?
Southern Corn Pudding
Is a sweet corn cake really southern corn pudding? Yes and also no. Southern corn pudding is runnier than a Mexican corn cake. So although these corn recipes are similar they are actually 2 different corn desserts.
Chi Chi’s Corn Cake Recipe
Do you remember Chi Chi’s Mexican Restaurant? They had some of the best Mexican food, including a Mexican corn cake. This little scoop of cornmeal was great to enjoy between the spicy Mexican foods you would eat at Chi Chi’s.
I was on a quest to try and replicate Chi Chi’s corn cake recipe. My thought was using that sweet corn cake as a bowl it would be wonderful with homemade chili!
Mexican Corn Cake
Do Mexican corn cake and chili go well together? Yes, it does! What is nice as well is these corn cakes are so simple to make. This copycat Chi Chi’s corn cake recipe is only a few ingredients.
For your next taco Tuesday, why not whip up this sweet corn cake and serve it with the spicy tacos. You think you are back at that old Chi Chi’s restaurant. All you need is some fried ice cream!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounces) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounces) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 1/4 ounces Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 by 8 baking pan.
- mix together the melted butter cans of creamed and whole kernel corn. Then stir in the corn muffin mix and sugar.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes. The top will be nice and light brown.
- Use an ice cream scoop and scoop out a nice rounded scoop onto a plate and then ENJOY!
If you want to make this more savory add a small can of green chilies and some cheddar cheese to this recipe!
- Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use - Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
- Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop with Comfortable Handle, Mint
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 254mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g