I know my last few posts have been, well “dark.” Dealing with sudden losses of beloved family pets, my sister’s dog and then my baby, my cat Angel. It has been rough. I always said I blog with what is going on in my life, well that was what has been going on, only just happen within a week of each other.
So this post, I decided, well I did write something, then I read it and though, wow that depressing, you know I need to step out this funk. So for this post, let’s do something different, let’s make a bit more fun. I need a laugh, laughter is the best medicine for anything don’t you agree?
I was on my personal Facebook page, looking for my photos I had my cats, so I could do the college of Angel for the last post when I discovered an old video I uploaded on Facebook. The Fruitcake Lady. DO you remember who that was? I played it and I laughed so hard. It was what I needed, something that was colorfully funny to cheer me up.
I love straight shooters like her, I love the last part, she is right, about the newlyweds, watch it and you see why I said that. Laughter is good medicine, and you need it from time to time. Me finding that video is what I needed. Laughter helps me feel better. It is like it helps release something inside.
So let’s keep with a fun feeling, peach dumplings! You know what apple dumplings are, well this like them gut with peaches!. I saw the original recipe online using peach slices and crescent rolls. I thought, how can I improve on that, instead of slices, I decided to make them more dumpling like with halves, then to finish it off with a decadent butter sauce served over them. Viola! My peach dumplings were born
Peach Dumplings are the perfect treat to end a summer day with. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Grease a baking dish. Unroll the crescent rolls.
- Take 2 of the triangles, pinch the the perforation together so that it forms a rectangle. In a bowl mix 2 teaspoons of cinnamon with 1/4 teaspoon of ginger. Lightly sprinkle a little on top the rectangle of dough.
- Place on the cinnamon sprinkled dough a peach half. Then bring the dough up around the peach half, sealing it up as you shape the dough around it.
- Put the dough covered peaches in the greased baking pan.
- In a sauce pot, dissolve the sugar in the water and add the butter, the remaining cinnamon, and optional Dumante, which really brings the sauce to the next level, if you do have it. Bring everything to a boil.
- Pour the sauce over the dumplings, and bake them for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- When they are done, take them out the oven, let cool slightly, take out, serve with a side of vanilla ice cream, spoon some the sauce, in the pan, over them and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 914kcal Calories from fat 436|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 48g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 26g||130%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|