Layered Ice Cream Jello is a simple 3 ingredient way to make a rainbow layered jello. The flavor and color combinations are endless with this jello and ice cream recipe. This colorful jello dessert is perfect for any occasion.
What is a summer picnic without jello desserts? Well actually any occasion is perfect to whip up a yummy rainbow layered jello. Jello dessets just bring the happiness out of you.
In Pa, at the hospital I used to work at there, we decided to have a little picnic of our own since we were working. One of my coworkers made this layered Jello salad.
Layered Ice Cream Jello
When I got married and was moving to Cleveland, people gave me index cards with recipes. It is a tradition we do at bridal showers. Everyone writes out a recipe for it and then they are then put into a special binder for the bride to be.
The recipes I got were from co-workers, family, and friends. In my recipe index cards from my bridal shower years ago was my my co-worker’s ice cream layered Jello recipe.
Jello and Ice Cream
Jello and ice cream go hand in hand. Combining them to mke a jello ice cream dessert si what makes this rainbow layered jello so easy.
Now, this layered jello is a simple recipe. I will admit layered gelatin is also kinda a pain in the butt recipe too. Why? Because it Depends on how many Jello layers you do.
Layered Jello is only 3 ingredients, but you got to make it one gelatin layer at a time. Plus you have to wait some time between each gelatin layer. So If you do say 6 jello layers, It can be up to 3 hours to create these colorful desserts.
That is why I said it can be a bit of a pain in the butt to make this layered jello dessert. The process of making this colorfully layered gelatin is actually very easy. It is only time-consuming.
Making Colorful Layered Gelatin
When I did this, I waited 20 minutes for the first gelatin layer to set. Well, I poured the white layer on top the red layer and it sunk to the bottom and had a little on top. Oh that not supposed to happen.
I decided to do the blue gelatin layer and see what happens. I waited 30 minutes, poured the blue Jello layer. I could see that the white and red layers actually looked like a this sandwiched marble effect.
I liked the Jello effect. When we cut it, no it wasn’t in the perfect even layers. It did kind of looked cool, almost like it was tie-dyed layered jello. So I went with it.
Layered Ice Cream Jello is a 3 ingredient recipe that makes a yummy Jello dessert. From Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 package cherry Jell-O (3 ounces)
- 1 package Island Pineapple Jell-O gelatin (3 ounces)
- 1 package Blue Raspberry Jell-O gelatin (3 ounces)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 3/4 cups of water.
- You can use any flavors of any Jello you like, it same process, I did Red, White, & Blue for the holiday. First Bring 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Once it boiling time to mix the first layer. I choose to use a 2 cup measuring cup so easier to pour in the layers and not make a mess. Empty the Jello into the cup, add the hot water. then add 1 cup of vanilla ice cream. Mix it up till the ice cream is all melted. Then pour the first layer into a 9×13 glass pan. Let it set up in the fridge, 30 minutes if you want layers, 20 if you like tie dyed.
- Next layer, do the same thing, bring 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Add the island pineapple, I choose this flavor because almost clear in coloring. To be honest did not feel like playing with unflavored gelatin. Anyway, add the Jello to the cup, add the boiling water, and 1 cup of the vanilla ice cream, mix until the ice cream is melted.
- Take the Jello layer out the fridge. You can see what I was talking about see how after 20 minutes the white layer was going to bottom and top. The middle started to bubble up. Put the Jello back in the fridge, 20 minutes if you want to do the tied dye effect or 30 if you want solid layers.
- Last layer of this red white and blue. If you want more layers you just do 1 1/4 cup boil water, Jello, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, mix till the ice cream melts.
- Pour that final layer, Let set up about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Cut it up and ENJOY!
The more colors you have the longer it takes for this dessert
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280
This post was most recently updated