Layered Ice Cream Jello is a simple 3 ingredient way to make a colorful gelatin dessert. The flavor and color combinations are endless with this layered gelatin recipe. Making it the perfect colorful desserts for any occasion.
Memorial Day is time to celebrate and remember those who fought to defend our country. Today there will be parades and picnics to honor those who have served. Memorial Day is also the start of summer too.
Memorial Day weekend for some is the sign that warm summer weather is here. Meaning the chances of that dreaded “S” word, snow. Time to bring the shorts out, and put the winter coats away.
In Pa, at the hospital I used to work at there, I worked many holidays, including Memorial Day. One year we decided to have a little picnic of our own since we were working. Everyone brought in something, including a Foreman Grill.
We would “grilled” hot dogs in our break room. One of my coworkers made this layered Jello salad. She made it for everything. She only changed up the flavors. She brought it to our “picnic.”
Layered Ice Cream Jello
When I got married and was moving to Cleveland, people gave me index cards with recipes. It is a tradition we do at showers. Everyone writes out a recipe for it and then they are then put into a special binder for the bride to be.
The recipes I got were from co-workers, family, and friends. When I was moving out my apartment, I discovered my recipe index from my bridal shower years ago. In these cards were my co-worker’s ice cream layered Jello recipe.
Now, this layered jello is a simple recipe. I will admit layered gelatin is also kinda a pain in the butt recipe too. Why? Because it Depends on how many Jello layers you do.
Layered Jello is only 3 ingredients, but you got to make it one gelatin layer at a time. Plus you have to wait some time between each gelatin layer. So If you do say 6 gelatin layers, It can be up to 3 hours to create these colorful desserts.
That is why I said it can be a bit of a pain in the butt to make this layered jello dessert. The process of making this colorful layered gelatin is actually very easy. It is only time-consuming.
Making Colorful Layered Gelatin
You May Need...
The following are affiliate links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Thanks so much for being apart of Seduction in the Kitchen!
Layered Ice Cream Jello is a 3 ingredient recipe that makes a yummy Jello dessert. From Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 package cherry Jell-O (3 ounces)
- 1 package Island Pineapple Jell-O gelatin (3 ounces)
- 1 package Blue Raspberry Jell-O gelatin (3 ounces)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 3/4 cups of water.
- You can use any flavors of any Jello you like, it same process, I did Red, White, & Blue for the holiday. First Bring 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Once it boiling time to mix the first layer. I choose to use a 2 cup measuring cup so easier to pour in the layers and not make a mess. Empty the Jello into the cup, add the hot water. then add 1 cup of vanilla ice cream. Mix it up till the ice cream is all melted. Then pour the first layer into a 9×13 glass pan. Let it set up in the fridge, 30 minutes if you want layers, 20 if you like tie dyed.
- Next layer, do the same thing, bring 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Add the island pineapple, I choose this flavor because almost clear in coloring. To be honest did not feel like playing with unflavored gelatin. Anyway, add the Jello to the cup, add the boiling water, and 1 cup of the vanilla ice cream, mix until the ice cream is melted.
- Take the Jello layer out the fridge. You can see what I was talking about see how after 20 minutes the white layer was going to bottom and top. The middle started to bubble up. Put the Jello back in the fridge, 20 minutes if you want to do the tied dye effect or 30 if you want solid layers.
- Last layer of this red white and blue. If you want more layers you just do 1 1/4 cup boil water, Jello, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, mix till the ice cream melts.
- Pour that final layer, Let set up about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Cut it up and ENJOY!
- Calories: 280