Crockpot Asian Shrimp Soup is a healthy oriental soup. This shrimp soup recipe is a low-calorie crockpot recipe! You will love this great tasting shrimp soup.
Crock Pot Soups
It is no secret that I am constantly busy. So I am a huge fan of crockpot soup recipes. I love that I can dump everything in the CrockPot, set and forget it. So yes I do have a lot of crock pot soups here on Seduction in the Kitchen like Slow Cooker Potato Chowder.
Low Calorie Crockpot Recipe
Like many, every New Years I vow to lose weight. At least I do try and lose weight, that was why I wanted to develop a low calorie crockpot recipe. I felt a shrimp soup might be a great start to a low calorie crockpot recipe!
Asian Soup Recipes
I decided to create an oriental soup. Looking at Asian soup recipes, most have noodles. So what could I use in place of noodles so this oriental soup would be a low calorie crockpot recipe?
I had a thought, why not substitute cabbage in place of the Udon noodles in this oriental soup? I thought of a shrimp egg roll, the filling that is inside it, it has cabbage! So for this crockpot shrimp recipe, I used my Hawaiian Saimin Soup and a shrimp egg roll as inspiration.
I succeeded in adding another soup recipe to my crock pot soups collection! What is nice about this shrimp soup besides being a low calorie crockpot recipe, is that this oriental soup is full of vegetables! Plus this crockpot shrimp recipe is flavorful and filling, you never know it is actually a healthy soup!
[ctt template=”4″ link=”XKk5C” via=”yes” ]This shrimp soup recipe is a low-calorie crockpot recipe! You will love this great tasting shrimp soup. #healthyrecipe #shrimpsoup #crockpotrecipe[/ctt]
- 2 (32oz) cartons College Inn Garden Vegetable broth
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small head of Savoy Cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot. grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb tailless shrimp
- Shrimp Udon Noodles
- Oriental Udon Noodles
- In a crock pot put in the mushrooms, garlic, green onions, snow peas, cabbage.
- Pour in the Garden Vegetable broth then add the grated carrot and the freshly grated ginger. Give the soup a quick stir.
- Next, add the soy sauce and the seasoning packets. Save the Udon noodles for another time.
- Give the soup a final stir and let cook on low for about 2-3 hours.
- Towards the end the last hour, add the shrimp and let it simmer another hour with the shrimp in the soup.
- Ladle some into a bowl, there will be a little crunch to the vegetables, but ok you want that, then ENJOY!
- Udon noodles are usually wrapped up in shrink wrap so they will keep for another use.
- If You can not get flavored Udon noodles then use the seasoning packet from Ramen noodles, use the Oriental flavored ones.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 161mg Sodium: 996mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 21g
Check out my the latest on my other blog: