Crockpot Asian Shrimp Soup, a healthy Asian-inspired recipe. It a great tasting, diet friendly soup! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
A new year and new eating habits! I been at my diet for about a week and I already noticed a little difference. My pants are a little looser, and see my belly bulge go a little down. So far 2015 in my body transformation seems to be off to a good start. I been looking at gyms to join, but with this crazy work schedule, I think I maybe throwing money out the window. Instead of buying a gym membership, I decided it better to own my own a piece of equipment. I settled on this glider thing. It is like the Tony Little gazelle, but not a name brand. It had good reviews and it was on sale, so I got it. WOW! I love it. it is so easy to use and I feel it working. I get a workout like and elliptical, but easy like a treadmill. My operation body makeover is in full effect right now and I feel great!
As I said I wanted to add some more healthy recipes to Seduction in the Kitchen. One of my inspirations is that cabbage soup recipe that people eat for the cabbage soup diet. I wanted to do something different. I have my Hawaiian Saimin Soup recipe I make, which is one of my favorite soup recipes to make. How can I make that a little more healthier?
I had a thought, why not substitute cabbage in place of the Udon noodles. The more I thought about it, I thought of a shrimp egg roll, the filling that is inside it. So using both the Hawaiian Saimin and a shrimp egg roll as inspiration, I set about making a healthy crock pot soup that had flavor. I succeeded in doing that. What is nice about this is because it so full of vegetables, from the broth to what is in it, this a soup you can eat as much as you like because it will not wreck your diet.
- 2 cartons College Inn Garden Vegetable broth 32oz
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 small head of Savoy Cabbage chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb cooked shrimp tailess
- season packets from Shrimp Udon Noodles and Orietntal Udon Noodles
- In a crock pot put in the mushrooms, garlic, green onions, snow peas, cabbage.
- Pour in the Garden Vegetable broth then add the grated carrot and the fresh grated ginger. Give the soup a quick stir.
- Next, add the soy sauce and the seasoning packets. Save the Udon noodles for another time. They are usually wrapped up in shrink wrap so they will keep for another use. If You can not get flavored Udon noodles then use the seasoning packet from Ramen noodles, use the oriental flavored ones.
- Give the soup a final stir and let cook on low for about 2-3 hours.
- Towards the end the last hour, add the shrimp and let it simmer another hour with the shrimp in the soup.
- Ladle some into a bowl, there will be a little crunch to the vegetables, but ok you want that, then ENJOY!