Chicken Wonton Soup
Chicken Wonton Soup is an Asian soup made with chicken filled dumplings. It is simply an amazingly delicious soup.
Awhile ago I said here on Seduction in the Kitchen, this is the year of Dee. Tonight after my workout at the gym, I suddenly realized, this really is the year of Dee. I think for the first time in a very long time I know exactly who I am.
I have been coming into my own for years. For a while, I was afraid to do even a baby step to do something different. I built up a wall around me.
Then I started having the ah-hah moments. Slowly I started tearing down those walls. Taking a baby step to change is scary, you do have those what if’s that go through your mind. The hardest thing about baby steps is taking that first step.
Now, what does this have to do with me knowing who I am? I was torn down, stripped of who I am. I was made to believe I was someone I am not.
Then after all that was done, I have left a broken person. I had to piece myself back together. I tell everyone I didn’t get any alimony or anything during my divorce, I got nothing at all from my ex-husband. I did get one thing besides the furniture, that I paid for, I got myself back. Well I realized today, yeah I am back but I am so much stronger and I like this version of myself the best.
No, I take that back, I did get one thing besides the furniture, that I happen to pay for, I got myself back. Well, I realized today, yeah I am back. However, I am so much stronger and I like this version of myself the best.
Chicken Wonton Soup
So I been hitting the gym with my friend, and I am happy to report I lost an inch off my hips, thighs, and butt! Part of me losing weight is eating healthier. One the places I will stop for dinner after the gym is Panera and they have this Thai Chicken Wonton Broth Bowl, that is delish!
With this being winter, soup is what I like the best this time of year. At work, someone said they were in the mood for Chicken Wonton Soup. It got me thinking, what makes that broth bowl at Panera so good is that they used ground chicken in the wontons.
So did a little research for Chicken Wonton Soup and how to make the wontons. Asian soup is not my specialty, but I know if I substituted the ground chicken it could work like Panera’s Chicken Wonton Broth Bowl. It did! I got a soup that is so yummy!
Chicken Won Ton soup is an Asian soup made with chicken filled dumplings. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 inches fresh ginger peeled and sliced into thin coins
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1/4 lb ground chicken
- 6 cooked shrimp minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 20 wonton wrappers
- In a large soup pot, add the broth, ginger, and scallions. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes to combine flavors. take off the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place 2 tbsp chicken stock and cornstarch into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add minced scallions, minced ginger, ground chicken, minced shrimp, soy sauce, dry sherry, sesame oil, and sugar, and stir well.
- Place a wonton wrapper in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Dip your finger in the water and moisten all 4 edges of the wrapper.
- Place about 1 tsp of the meat mixture in the center of the wrapper and fold in half over the filling to make a triangle.
- Press firmly along the sides to seal it and remove any excess trapped air.
- Moisten the left and right corners of the triangle and pinch them together.
- Repeat until all won tons are made.
- Bring reserved broth to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Add won tons to simmering broth.
- Stir occasionally until wonton filling is firm and cooked through, about 5 minutes or so.
- Stir in spinach leaves and cook for 30 seconds until they wilt.
- Ladle into a bowl and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 723kcal Calories from fat 108|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|