I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Cranberry Walnut Stuffing is a flavorful cranberry stuffing. A stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving is an essential holiday side dish. This homemade stuffing recipe will sure to please everyone.
Stuffing Recipe For Thanksgiving
With the leaves turning colors, that means the hunt for Thanksgiving recipes is on! One of the most searched is a stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving! A simple stuffing recipe is the best to serve up with your Thanksgiving turkey!
I love mixing flavors. I decided I wanted to mix a walnut dressing with a fresh cranberry stuffing for a homemade stuffing recipe. By doing this I created the cranberry stuffing!
Homemade Stuffing Recipe
When I was married, Thanksgiving was the only holiday My ex-husband would allow me to cook for him. So creating a homemade stuffing recipe was very important to me. I had to show him I really did know how to cook. So I had to make my stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving perfect.
Is It Stuffing Or Dressing?
In the Cajun Crawfish Dressing: A Southern Holiday Side Dish I asked is it Stuffing or Dressing? The results were interesting. Northerners call it stuffing. Southerners call it dressing.
I did some research on is it stuffing or is it dressing? Here is what I found out:
- Stuffing is the name when you put seasoned bread into a bird.
- A dressing is when the seasoned bread is served alongside a bird.
- Northern states tend to stuff birds.
- Southern states tend to serve alongside the bird.
Simple Stuffing Recipe
Want to know the real inspiration behind this simple stuffing recipe? When I was a kid, I would always mix my cranberry sauce with my mom’s homemade stuffing recipe on my plate. The combination of cranberry sauce and her stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving really tasted good. So I used that act I did as a kid as inspiration for this cranberry stuffing!
Stuffing With Cranberries and Walnuts
The walnut idea for stuffing with cranberries and walnuts came about because of a Persian dish that had walnut and Pomegranate in it. That Persian walnut dressing is a sweet and savory recipe, like this cranberry stuffing.
This Cranberry Walnut Stuffing turned out so yummy. Ok, I ate the entire bowl of walnut and cranberry stuffing for dinner. I am not ashamed to admit it. Cranberry walnut stuffing was really good!
- 1 cup butter
- 3 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 9 cups soft bread cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoon dried poultry seasoning
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 3 eggs
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook celery, cranberries, and onion in butter, stirring frequently until onion is tender.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the bread cubes, chicken stock, and eggs.
- Add the onion mixture along with the walnuts and poultry seasoning.
- Mix everything up well.
- Stuff inside your turkey and cook your turkey.
- If you prefer to cook separate, place into a well-greased baking dish, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Either way, serve it up and ENJOY!
You can make this as a dressing or stuff it into a bird and cook it that way!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g