I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Apple Pie Cookies is a delicious cookie recipe! These apple cookies are easy dessert cookies to make. These apple pie cookies recipe will be a favorite in your house!
Have you heard of dessert cookies? No? Well, dessert cookies are based on popular desserts. Over on my Disney blog, there is a dessert cookie of Carrot Cake Cookies that you can get at Hollywood Studios.
There are other delicious cookie recipes that are also known as dessert cookies. One cookie recipe I really wanted to make is a simple apple pie cookie from my childhood.
My mom would go every Friday to the Farmer’s Market and she always came home with various baked goods, including these apple cookies. Those apple pie cookies were so yummy that they never made it through the weekend before disappearing.
Delicious cookie recipe
I wish I could still get those yummy apple cookies again at the farmer’s market. So I decided to make that delicious cookie recipe. Unlike most apple pie cookies, these apple cookies do not look like little pies.
How do these apple pie cookies differ? For one, they do not have icing on them. Another is they are not made from pie dough either.
These apple cookies are just like an apple pie. It is a soft cookie recipe with nice chunks of apple and cinnamon in it. They are simply a delicious cookie recipe.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup apples, diced and peeled
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease cookie sheet.
- Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl and beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry mix into creamed mixture and beat at la ow speed until just blended.
- Stir in oats, and apples and drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes then let them cool for a minute on the sheets, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- After cooled, then ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
CHEFTRONIC SM985-Red Standing Mixer, One Size, Red
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Vremi 3 Piece Baking Sheets Nonstick Set - Professional Non Stick Sheet Pan Set for Baking - Carbon Steel Baking Pans Cookie Sheets with Red Silicone Handles - has Quarter and Half Sheet Pans
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g