I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Cranberry Loaf is a wonderful moist cranberry orange bread. This dessert bread is perfect to make for the holidays to give as a gift to friends. You love making this quick bread!
This is the season for cranberry recipes! I love cranberries, there are so many recipes from cranberry sauce to cranberry bread you can make with these tart berries!
Edible Christmas gifts to make in advance
What do you give to someone for Christmas when you do not know what to give them? For me, it is baked goods. What is nice about holiday baked goods is they are edible Christmas gifts to make in advance! Yep, you can baked goods like this orange cranberry loaf in November and give as a gift in December!
What is nice about a dessert bread is that you do not have to eat it for dessert, you can eat a slice of it any time of day!
Cranberry orange bread
Cranberries and orange go so well together. Really this cranberry loaf could be called cranberry orange bread. There is orange juice in the recipe for this cranberry loaf. That hint of orange just enhances the cranberries in this cranberry orange bread.
Cranberry walnut bread
Want to change up this cranberry loaf? How about adding in some walnuts to make this cranberry walnut bread! Making one simple change to this cranberry bread can make a whole new baked good gift!
Baked goods gift ideas
With the holidays coming up, you may want baked goods gift ideas like this orange cranberry loaf! So here is a list of some other edible Christmas gifts to make in advance!
Cranberry Loaf is a wonderful moist orange cranberry loaf. This cranberry bread is perfect to make for the holidays to give as a gift to friends.
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Grate rind from orange, squeeze juice into liquid measure, add enough orange juice to make 3/4 cup.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange rind.
- Stir in cranberries into the flour mixture.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg, butter and orange juice.
- Stir the egg mixture into flour mixture just until blended.
- Spread in greased 9x5 Loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- Serve it up and Enjoy, or make ahead and Freeze for up to 2 weeks!
Adding the additional orange juice amount depends on how much juice you get from the orange.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g