Cajun Shrimp Burgers with Avocado Mayo is spicy cajun seasoned shrimp made into a burger then cooled off with a creamy avocado mayo.
Everything Happens For Reason
Ibelieve that everything happens for a reason. When the time is right you will just know when comes to making a dream a reality. I also believe in the laws of attraction to a point.
It is the love part in laws of attraction I don’t understand and I am not 100% convinced that part is true with laws of attraction, but everything else I do. I only believe that because I have seen it happen. Yes even with curing yourself of a disease I believe.
I have seen cancer patients pull this off with positive thinking. It’s something I can not explain. However, I have seen it because they have kept positive and focused on beating cancer, rather than cancer itself.
I bring this up because I have a dream. I have seen how staying positive can help you achieve the dream. There were times I wanted to give up, but I kept at it, staying positive as I went. Now I am seeing that staying positive is paying off for my dream.
Cajun Shrimp Burgers with Avocado Mayo
I was in the running to go to Baton Rouge for a press thing for a food blogger but ended up not getting picked for it. Which is good because I found out I could not get off work from the phlebotomy job anyway.
Well, I was in the mood for some Cajun. The thought of going to Baton Rouge ignited this craving for a Cajun Shrimp Burgers. Since I could not get the real one in the heart of Cajun country, I decided to come up with my own version of a Cajun Shrimp Burgers.
I am trying to eat healthier because I really want to lose weight. I am hooked on avocados. I saw a recipe for an avocado mayo, it sounded so good to me. I thought it would be perfect coolness to the cajun shrimp burgers.
Check out these recipes:
Cajun shrimp meets cool avocado in this recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 lb raw shrimp shelled, deveined and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 small avocado
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- First in about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, saute the shrimp until it starts turning pink. Carefully removed the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add the rest the oil and add the onions, cook them for about a minute and then add the spices to the pan, and let the onion cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce to the onion. Then add the shrimp. Let the shrimp cook in the mixture for about 2 minutes. Than take it off the heat and set aside.
- To make the mayo, slice the avocado in half and take the peel off the one half, dice it up and put into a bowl with the sour cream, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Using a potato masher just mash it all together. Mix and mash it to blend together, or you could use a stick blender.
- Spread the avocado mayo on part on the bun, I choose the bottom half of the bun, but you can spread it on the top half.
- Place some of the shrimp mixture on the bun
- The other half the avocado, remove the pit and slice it up. Then place the avocado slice on top the shrimp.
- Then place sliced tomato on to the avocado
- Top it off with the top bun, and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 187mg Sodium: 538mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Protein: 25g