Soft Shell Shrimp Tacos feature Moore’s Marinades new sauce line. These shrimp tacos will knock your socks off with the flavor. Fresh avocado and harissa sauce from Moore’s Marinade is what gives this soft shell taco recipe it’s flavor.
I have been really working hard on older posts and adding the much-needed SEO to them. As I read and rewrite those old recipe posts, it really took me down memory lane. I never realized how much work drama I actually have documented over the years here on Seduction in the Kitchen.
Work Never Changed
I stopped into my old health center, where this drama took place in these old posts. I still have friends that work there and saw that look on their faces. It was a tired look.
By tired, I don’t mean need sleep. I mean they looked mentally exhausted. It the same look I had before I left to start the new lab.
Work never changed. If anything the work environment there got much worse after I left. I thought possibly I may have been the problem with the way people treated me there. If I was the issue, then why did it get worse after I left?
There is only one girl left from the famous “clique” I talked about in the old posts. She is the biggest troublemaker of them all. Management lets her get away with all the pain she causes co-workers. Why I don’t know. It has always been a mystery.
Moore’s Marinades Sauce Line
Somethings never change. Sometimes they do and the change is wonderful. That is what Moore’s Marinades have done. They added change to their line of products.
Moore’s has introduced a new sauce line. There are 4 flavors in the line:
Spicy Mustard Hot Sauce
Jalapeño Hot Sauce
Harissa Hot Sauce (which was used in this Soft Shell Shrimp Tacos recipe)
Habanero Hot Sauce
Soft Shell Taco Recipe
I admit when comes to fish tacos, I love soft shell tacos over a hard shell taco. I think the flour tortilla just goes better with seafood. Plus, I can really cram a lot of the filling inside that soft shell.
Soft Shell Shrimp Tacos
I first fell in love with shrimp tacos at Taco Bell of all places. They had this California Shrimp Taco they called it. It was part this healthy line they tried to have on the menu.
As you can tell, that line did not take off. Taco Bell, not the place I would think of healthy food at. It late night Mexican cravings is how I think of Taco Bell.
Anyway, I wanted to make a soft shell taco recipe for a while. I wanted to make a shrimp taco recipe. Then Moore’s Marinade sauce line inspired me for this softshell shrimp taco recipe.
Sauce Is The Secret
I wanted this shrimp taco to really burst with flavor. I wanted to add heat to the recipe. I new using avocado and sour cream would balance the heat from the taco flavored shrimp.
That is where the Harissa sauce from Moore’s Marinades comes in. That hot sauce is the secret to these tasty tacos. It is added to the simmering taco seasoning as the shrimp cook.
Trust me you will love this dynamite soft shell taco recipe. If you want a change of pace from beef tacos, then this shrimp taco recipe is what you want to make. It is amazing and your taste buds will thank you.
- 1lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon Moore's Marinade Harissa Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 12 soft taco shells
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 oz sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, taco seasoning, hot sauce, garlic and 2 tablespoons of lime juice; toss to coat, and let the shrimp marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice over the shrimp.
- Place a layer of shredded lettuce and avocado on the soft shell tacos.
- Spoon shrimp mixture on top the lettuce-avocado.
- Add the rest of the toppings.
- Serve them up and ENJOY!
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet 2 Piece Set (12.5 inch & 8 inch Pans) Best Heavy Duty Professional Restaurant Chef Quality Pre Seasoned Pan Cookware Set - Great For Frying, Saute, Cooking Pizza & More
- 2 Pack - Stylish Stainless Steel Taco Holder Stand, Taco Truck Tray Style, Rack Holds Up to 3 Tacos Each, Oven Safe for Baking, Dishwasher and Grill Safe, 4” x 8”, by California Home Goods
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 750mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 12g
Check out my the latest on my other blog: