I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Buffalo ranch scalloped potatoes are a quick potato recipe with a kick. These ranch potatoes have some heat to them! If you need potato side dishes, this is the recipe you need to make!
Potato side dishes
I grew up in a mostly Irish house, so potato side dishes were always at dinner time. Besides mashed potatoes and fried potatoes, we also would have scalloped potatoes with cheese for special occasions.
Quick potato recipes
I know everyone is busy. So there is a need for quick potato recipes. One small trick I learned with scalloped potatoes is by using canned sliced potatoes can save you a lot of prep time in the kitchen.
Scalloped potatoes with cheese
Using canned sliced potatoes for scalloped potatoes with cheese or only cuts down on slicing a potato, but the potatoes are already soft and can really soak up that cheesy sauce. In my family, we love very cheesy scalloped potatoes with cheese!
As much as I like cheesy potatoes, I also love ranch. So adding some ranch flavor to potatoes is one way to change up scalloped potatoes. How can I make ranch potatoes, but keep it more like scalloped potatoes?
Buffalo ranch sauce
The answer to making ranch potatoes into scalloped potatoes was a bottle of buffalo ranch sauce! Adding in some of the buffalo ranch sauce to a scalloped potato cheese sauce was genius.
The buffalo ranch really complimented the cheese sauce for the potatoes. It changed up normal scalloped potatoes with cheese into something amazing.
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Moore's Marinade Creamy Buffalo Ranch Marinade
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Let sit for a minute.
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the Moore's Marinade Creamy Buffalo Ranch Marinade to the mixture.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of buffalo ranch cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and buffalo ranch cheese sauce.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 1 hour at 350°F.
- Take it out, serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1673mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g