Italian Beef Patties with Balsamic Onion Mushroom Sauce on Texas Toast is a savory, melt in your mouth beef patty recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
This economy just sucks! Everyone, except maybe Hollywood stars, is struggling to make ends meet. You need to stretch the dollar as far as you can, without having it bounce back in your face. So how is a single woman, who loves to cook, impress a guy when she is on a budget? Answer it all in the taste and presentation. In other words it all about how to dress up the ground beef. There are so many meatloaves you can make before you want something different. Most the time if you look in the fridge and cupboards you can dress up ground beef, without resorting to hamburger helper. That basically what I did with this recipe. I made something gourmet, but on a budget, and no one knows any different, except my readers, who I just told.
Savory, melt in your mouth beef patty recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 cup Sargento's 6 cheese Italian
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 onion thinly sliced
- 4-5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Texas Garlic Toast
- In a bowl combine the ground beef, cheese, eggs, garlic and seasonings. Mix up well.
- After you have all mixed, form your patties.
- Heat up the butter in a fry pan and fry your patties. Cook to the way you like them, I like them medium well to well done. After they are done, take them off the heat, place some foil over them so they stay warm while you make the sauce.
- Drain off the fat from the patties, but do not clean the pan. Heat up the butter and oil and start to saute the mushrooms and onions in it. Cook them till the onions are translucent.
- As the mushrooms and onions are cooking, you may want to start cooking the Texas toast. Just make it according to the directions on the box. The kind I had, they only take 5-6 minutes in the oven. Anyway, after the onions are translucent, time to add the vinegar and cream, to the pan. Give it a good stir and take the sauce off the heat.
- Now the sauce is done, it time to serve this up. On a plate put down the Texas Toast, put the patty on top of that, then spoon the mushrooms and onions sauce on top.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 648kcal Calories from fat 514|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 57g||88%|
|Saturated Fat 28g||140%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|