I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Bars is a wonderful double chocolate cookie recipe. These bar cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream. You love the ease of making these chocolate chip pudding cookies.
Chocolate chip pudding cookies
I have this old church cookbook that has recipes in it that I love. I discovered in this cookbook a recipe for chocolate chip pudding cookies. When I made these chocolate chip pudding cookies, I realized the pudding made the cookies so moist and chewy.
Easy cookie recipes with few ingredients
I wanted to come up with easy cookie recipes with few ingredients. I only wanted to use what I had in my pantry for this cookie recipe. The chocolate chip pudding cookies came to mind, but what if I changed it to chocolate chip cookie bars?
Bar cookies are simple to make than regular cookies I think. Since I wanted to keep these chocolate chip cookie bars as an easy cookie recipe with few ingredients, I felt a bar cookie recipe was the best option.
Double chocolate cookie recipe
I was determined to keep this bar cookie recipe to only ingredients in my pantry. So Instead of using vanilla pudding for this chocolate chip cookie bars recipe, I used chocolate pudding. I only had chocolate pudding in my pantry.
When I did that, these chocolate chip cookie bars quickly became a double chocolate cookie recipe. Not only were the chocolate chip pudding cookies moist and chewy but because of the chocolate pudding, they became rich with chocolate.
After baking in the oven, these chocolate chip cookie bars came out delicious. They were so simple to make. Keeping these chocolate chip pudding cookies to only pantry items was a great idea. Why? Because anyone can make this double chocolate cookie recipe!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 box (3 1/2 oz) chocolate pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter with the white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In another bowl mix together flour with pudding mix, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan then spread out using a spoon.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the bars out the oven to cool, slice them up, and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicago Metallic Professional Slice Solutions Brownie Pan, 9-Inch-by-13-Inch
Bakeware Set, Krokori Rectangular Baking Pan Ceramic Glaze Baking Dish for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use, 11.6 x 7.8 Inches of Aquamarine, 3 Pack of Rectangular
Rodelle Baker's Extract, 4 Ounce
Brownie Pan with Dividers,18 Pre-slice Non Stick Coated Brownie Baking Tray,BPA Free Carbon Steel Bakeware,Microwave & Oven Safe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 391mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g