I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
BBQ Battered Onion Rings is a great homemade onion rings recipe. The onion ring batter has BBQ sauce in it for a great BBQ taste. If you want battered onion rings, then you got to try this BBQ recipe version!
Homemade Onion Rings
I love onion rings. In fact, I love onion rings more than french fries. There is nothing better, in my opinion than homemade onion rings!
Battered Onion Rings
When it comes to homemade onion rings, you can either make them as breaded onion rings or as battered onion rings. I prefer battered onion rings. I love that crispy, smooth battered on an onion ring. Breaded onion rings to rough feeling in the mouth.
How did the BBQ sauce into the onion ring batter come about? I want to do this BBQ sauce twist on homemade onion rings like the BBQ Battered Fried Mushrooms. I thought, using BBQ sauce in battered onion rings might give an onion ring recipe a whole new taste.
Onion Ring Batter
After a few trials run, I found out the bottled BBQ sauce wasn’t working for the onions like it it did with the mushrooms. McCormick’s Seasonings has packets of dry BBQ seasoning. Dry BBQ seasoning works better than BBQ sauce for the onion ring batter. Plus the dry BBQ seasoning gives these battered onion rings a nice BBQ batter.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (2 oz) package of BBQ seasoning from McCormick’s Grill
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Slice the onion into thick slices. then separate the rings on the onion.
- Next, mix the flour with the BBQ seasoning. After it is mixed take out about 5 tablespoons of the flour mixture and put in a bowl.
- Add the egg and milk to the 5 tablespoons of the flour mixture. Mix well. You can thin the batter down a little more with milk if you need too
- Place the onion slices in the batter, cover well and then place the battered onion rings in the dry flour mixture. Coat it well with the the flour
- After the rings are nice and covered, heat up oil and then place the rings in the oil and fry them for a few minutes on each side till they are a nice golden color.
- Drain the onion rings on a paper towel and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g