I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Apple Pie Cupcakes is an easy cake mix cupcakes recipe. You will love the caramel buttercream that these apple cupcakes are topped with. If you are looking for a new cupcake flavor, then try this apple pie cupcake!
Cake mix cupcakes
I add pudding mix and yogurt to the cake mix for delicious and moist cupcakes. Plus by using different flavors of yogurt and pudding mix you can have a variety of cupcake flavors.
As you can see by my cupcake recipes, I love making different cupcake flavors. Cupcakes can go beyond vanilla and chocolate. I will admit, my maple bacon cupcakes are my most outrageous of the cupcake flavors I have on Seduction In The Kitchen.
Apple pie cupcakes
These apple pie cupcakes were actually inspired by Disney. Disney has some awesome cupcake flavors in the theme parks and resorts. Over in Hollywood Studios, they used to have a place that had cupcakes, and one of the flavors was apple pie cupcakes.
Going through recipes for my other blog, Recipes Of Disney, I came across Disney’s recipe for apple pie cupcakes. I decided to play with that cupcake recipe and make it one of my cake mix cupcakes!
One of the ways I decided that these apple pie cupcakes would differ from the Disney recipe would be by adding a caramel buttercream to the cupcake. caramel apple pie is a thing so why not have caramel buttercream on top of apple pie cupcakes?
This apple pie cupcake is really wonderful! The flavors are great together plus this easy cupcake recipe is one everyone will as you for. I know my work was asking me for it! That is how much they loved the cupcakes!
- 1 box Golden Butter Cake mix from Duncan Hines
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 apple turnover Yoplait yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 stick of butter (soften)
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter extract
- 2 teaspoons of clear vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- First mix the cake mix with the eggs, yogurt, oil, water, cream, and pudding.
- Next, fill cupcake liners about 2/3 the way full.
- Then bake them in a preheated oven at 350 for about 18-20 minutes. Check to make sure they are done by doing the toothpick test.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- When they are cool, take a knife and cut the centers out, but only cut down halfway into the cupcake.
- Set the centers aside for the time being.
- Fill the cupcakes with the apple pie filling,
- Then replace the tops of the cupcakes. BUT replace the centers upside down. meaning the top part is on top of the filling and the coned part is upright. (This helps build a nice mound of frosting. Another secret I learned.)
- Cream the butter and shortening together.
- Then mix in the extracts.
- Then mix in the caramel sauce.
- Mix in the powder sugar
- Then add the cream, to help thin it to spreading consistency. If want stiffer add a little more sugar or cut back on the heavy cream.
- Pipe on the buttercream onto the cupcakes around the cake cone you placed on top..
- After your done piping on the caramel buttercream, drizzle on some of the caramel sauce on the top of the cupcakes.
- Can crumble up some prebaked pie dough for a nice finishing touch And then ENJOY!
if you can not find the apple turnover use the french vanilla or plain vanilla one instead.
It is best when you make a buttercream to use clear vanilla, You can use the real stuff, it just slightly tints the frosting. The clear keeps it white
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 48gProtein: 2g