This post is sponsored in conjunction with Choctoberfest. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Choctoberfest recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Red Wine Cupcakes is a gourmet cupcakes recipe. These are the best chocolate cupcakes! The red wine drizzle is what makes this chocolate cupcake recipe a unique cupcake recipe!
Choctoberfest continues. If you want to learn about what Choctoberfest is, you can read about it in the Purple People Eater Strawberries. Plus don’t forget there is a giveaway as well!
One lucky winner will receive the following:
- A 100-Piece Cake Decorating Kit from our blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen. This set includes a cake turntable, piping bags, piping tips, flower nozzles, scapers, and more.
- An Instant Pot and a 40-Pound Case of Granulated Sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
- Coconut Oil and Chocolate Silk Greens from our silver sponsor Barlean’s, your trusted source for chocolatey goodness superfood nutrition. Barlean’s has a commitment to staying ahead of the innovation curve in providing the absolute highest quality product.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Forte Chocolates. You’ll receive 12 of their most popular chocolate bars. With Forte Chocolates, you can celebrate life through chocolate. They also have a line of chocolate developed specifically to use in savory recipes.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Divine Chocolate. You’ll receive one of each of their baking bars, a white chocolate bar, and their top 5 everyday bars. Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company in the world that is owned by cocoa farmers. Their baking bars are also a delicious vegan option.
- A Selection of Sprinkles from our silver sponsor Sprinkle Pop. Sprinkle Pop’s bespoke sprinkle creations are one of a kind, just like you! At Sprinkle Pop, you can also order a custom sprinkle mix; there isn’t a sprinkle mix that you can dream up that they can’t create.
That’s a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). See terms and conditions for more details.
To enter, simply follow our sponsors using the widget below. You can gain additional entries by following me and the other participating bloggers. A winner will be drawn on October 21, 2018, and contacted via email. Good luck!
I love gourmet cupcakes. I admit I am a bit obsessed with wine. I love the taste of wine and I love making desserts with wine as well, like No Churn Raspberry Moscato Wine Ice Cream. so creating unique cupcake recipes with wine is easy for me.
Imperial Sugar is the main sponsor of Choctoberfest. So to create the red wine drizzle for this gourmet cupcakes recipe, I knew Imperial sugar would be the best choice!
Plus with Halloween coming up, this chocolate cupcake recipe could easily be a unique cupcake for a Halloween bash! If you are looking for more Halloween recipes, Imperial Sugar has lots of recipes to see on its website!
Red Wine Cupcakes
Not only does this chocolate cupcake recipe have a red wine drizzle on the buttercream, but has red wine in the actual chocolate cupcake! So yes these really are red wine cupcakes all the way through!
Best Chocolate Cupcakes
Why is this unique cupcake recipe the best chocolate cupcakes? Honestly, it is because they are red wine cupcakes! Chocolate and wine does it get any better?
- 1 1/2 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 3 oz package of chocolate pudding
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz packages cream cheese (softened, 3 . each)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Powdered sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk (heated)
Red Wine Drizzle
- 1 cup sweet red wine
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease or paper-line 16 muffin cups.
- Microwave 1/2 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds;
- Stir The morsels, they may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil, egg, red wine, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until blended.
- Beat in melted chocolate; gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt in small mixer bowl until creamy. Stir in 1 cup morsels.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 1/2 full.
- Spoon filling by rounded tablespoon over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Using a mixer, cream the shortening and butter in a bowl. Add the sugar and beat well. Add the egg white and vanilla; beat thoroughly. Add the hot milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until creamy. Scrape into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
Red Wine Drizzle
- In a sauce pan dissolve the sugar into the red wine. Bring the wine to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Continuously stirring, reduce the wine till the wine coats the back of the spoon. Take it off the heat, allow it to cool. Then drizzle the wine over the butter cream on the cupcakes.
- Then ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 720 Total Fat: 44g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 87mg Sodium: 328mg Carbohydrates: 71g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 56g Protein: 4g
Disclaimer: Thank you Chocotoberfest Sponsors: Barlean’s, Divine Chocolate, Forte Chocolates, Sprinkle Pop, and Imperial Sugar, for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for Chocotoberfest recipes. All opinions are my own.
The Chocotoberfest giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The Chocotoberfest Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages.
Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the Chocotoberfest posts or entry.
Check out my the latest on my other blog: