I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Spiced Maple salmon is a bbq salmon recipe that is both sweet and spicy. This cedar plank salmon is so easy to make on the grill. This maple salmon is a healthy option for your BBQ!
BBQ salmon recipe
I love to grill. Sometimes I want a healthier option than beef on the grill. So yes I will make a bbq salmon recipe.
Actually, I love grilled salmon. I love how the salmon has this smoky taste when grilled on the BBQ. A great way to get that smokey flavor is by grilling cedar plank salmon.
Salmon actually doesn’t take long to grill up. In fact, grilling salmon takes minutes depending on how thick it is. For grilling a salmon recipe. it is best to grill over medium heat.
- 1″ thick fillets = 4 to 5 minutes per side
- 3/4″ thick fillets = 3 to 4 minutes per side
- 1/2″ thick fillets = 2 to 3 minutes per side
Cedar plank salmon
What is cedar plank salmon? When you cook salmon directly on the plank, the direct contact extracts the unique aroma from the wood and transfers it to the surface of the fish. Cedar plank salmon has this smoky and earthy flavors from the cedar.
Here is a few tips from the Weber Grills to follow when you want to use cedar planks for grilling up salmon dinner recipes.
- Soak the plank in water for at least an hour
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Place the soaked plank over direct medium heat and close the lid (no food should be on the plank)
- After 5 to 10 minutes, when the plank begins to smoke and char, turn the plank over then add the food you want to cook on it.
Salmon on the grill in foil
What if you can not get cedar plans to grill salmon, so can you make salmon on the grill in foil? Yes, you can. Wrapping the fish in foil will lock in the moisture and boost its flavor. The salmon will be moist, unlike the cedar plank which will be a bit crisper.
For the grilled salmon marinade I decided to use sweet maple. I had a maple salmon entree at a local seafood restaurant that was out of this world! The sweet and spice of that bbq salmon recipe were amazing. Plus maple salmon is perfect for autumn.
Grilled salmon marinade
Keeping with a healthy salmon recipe, I decided to use butter flavored coconut oil for the grilled salmon marinade. The combination of adding spice to the marinade just made this pop with flavor.
Then grilling the salmon upon a cedar plank just made an amazing salmon recipe. This grilled salmon recipe is mouthwatering good!
This salmon dinner recipe is a keeper for sure. The grilled maple salmon is even perfect for picky eaters. If you are looking for a grilled salmon, then you will have a winning dinner with this maple salmon!
Spiced Maple salmon is a grilled salmon that is both sweet and spicy. This grilled seafood entree is so easy to make on the grill. This salmon recipe is a healthy option for your next cookout!
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon melted butter or Barlean's flavored coconut butter
- Combine the paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and brown sugar.
- Place salmon on a tray and then sprinkle the fillets with the salt, then rub with the spice mixture.
- Combine melted Barlean's butter flavored coconut oil and maple syrup,
- Using half the maple syrup mixture, drizzle each fillet with a bit of it.
- After preparing the cedar planks, place the salmon on the planks, skin down.
- Close the lid of the grill, and grill the salmon for about 4 minutes.
- When the salmon begins to flakes with a fork, it is ready.
- Take the salmon planks off the grill pour the rest the maple mixture over them.
- Serve them up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g