I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Soup is a wonderful steak soup. This savory soup is a shaved steak recipe that is simple to make. You will love this simple slow cooker soup recipe.
Slow cooker soup recipes
I love making slow cooker soup recipes. All you have to do is dump the soup ingredients into a slow cooker and that’s it!
Slow cooker soup recipes are great as the weather turns a bit colder. There just something about a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day. Soup is comfort food.
Shaved Steak Recipes
Being from Pennsylvania, I grew up on shaved steak recipes. Of all the shaved steak recipes, nothing beats a Philly cheesesteak. Can you make a crockpot Philly cheesesteak?
Crockpot Philly cheesesteak
Normally you would fry up shaved steak, throw some cheese on it and serve it in a hoagie roll for a great Philly cheesesteak. What about a crockpot Philly cheesesteak? Just use the crockpot to cook up the steak.
All the recipes I saw for a slow cooker cheesesteak uses a soup base. So wouldn’t it technically a steak soup for you then?
Instead of making crockpot Philly cheesesteak, why not make it a slow cooker steak soup instead! That great cheesesteak flavor in a soup.
Shaved steak with peppers and onions cooked in a savory broth. Of course, you got to add in a little cheese for that cheesesteak flavor. This steak soup an easy slow cooker soup recipe.
- 1 large onions, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups breef broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- 14 oz Sirloin Philly Steak
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic Bread Croutons
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and saute the onions, peppers, and mushrooms Black pepper, thyme, Cavanders all-purpose, salt, and pepper.
- Saute till the onions turn clear
- .Next, add the garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Take the vegetables off the heat and add to the slow cooker
- Next, add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to the seasoned vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Place the Philly Steak into the soup and let it cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Next, add the provolone cheese, cover, and let cook half hour more.
- Give it a nice stir, and let cook for another 1/2 hour.
- Finally, ladle some into a bowl, garnish with some shredded cheese and the croutons.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
I found at Walmart frozen Philly Sirloin steak. It is shaved steak wrapped tight into a steak. I placed them frozen into this soup and as it cooked the steaks, lost the shape and shaved steak was perfect in this soup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 2134mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 47g