Crock Pot Cream Of Asparagus Soup is a creamy asparagus soup recipe made in the slow cooker. This cream of asparagus soup recipe is one of my easy crock pot recipes. You are going to want to add this slow cooker soup recipe to your collection of slow cooker asparagus recipes
I survived my 5 posts in one week! I did good, but I am still trying to figure out a better balance. I got to juggle so many things if I continue that pace of posting. I am a Libra, we like balance, why do you think we are the scales?
Actually, I never believed in the astrology until one day I read about traits of my sign. One the traits, being early. I realized was me, I have to be early, I can not be late.
I have actually gone into a panic mode if I am 1 minute late for something. Also the indecisiveness. Oh boy, do I have that.
Slow Cooker Asparagus Recipes
I am getting better at the indecisiveness though. Like when I decided to do this eating fresh challenge. I am receiving these Farmer’s Market food co-op boxes. two weeks in a row they sent me asparagus in it.
I have not really cooked with asparagus before. So I was trying to see if there were slow cooker asparagus recipes I could do. I wanted to do something outside of saute asparagus.
Crock Pot Cream Of Asparagus Soup
I have a TON of asparagus and it needs to get used up. My one friend told me to make a cream of asparagus soup with it. I asked if I could make it like crock pot asparagus recipe. He said yes, so I made asparagus crock pot recipe.
Yet, I noticed, I could not find a good creamy asparagus soup recipe for the crock pot. I wanted this cream of asparagus soup recipe to be one of my easy crock pot recipes.
So, using what I know about easy crock pot recipes. I set about making my own version of cream of asparagus soup recipe using a crock pot. This cream of asparagus soup recipe came together so well.
This creamy asparagus soup recipe was amazing. You can make asparagus slow cooker with ease. trust me you will love this cream of asparagus soup recipe.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 shallots (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 lbs asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces-reserve tips)
- 2 inch potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2 chunks)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped well)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 scallion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Pepper to taste
- Prepare the asparagus, by bending one stalk in half, it will break in two. Keep the end that has the flower tip, throw the other half away. It is inedible. Do this with all the stalks of asparagus.
- In a fry pan, melt the butter and saute shallots and garlic. Saute for about a minute, add the garlic salt and a little pepper. Then add the asparagus tips. Saute them, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes. Then remove from the heat.
- Remove about 10 tips and set them aside. In a crock pot, put in the vegetable broth and place on low. Add the potatoes and the asparagus saute mixture. Finally add the basil, let cook on low for about 4 hours.
- After 4 hours check the asparagus and potatoes, if they are soft, Strain out all the vegetables and basil, and put them into a blender. add a small amount the broth, and puree the mixture. Add it back to the crock pot.
- The 10 tips you reserved, finely slice them. Add them, the scallions, and the chives to the soup.
- Add the milk and cream and give a nice stir, cover and let cook another hour.
- After an hour, mix the butter and flour together. melt it into soup. This will help thicken the soup. If you need to use more of the melted butter mixture you can, let get to a thickness you like. Cover and let cook 1/2 hour more.
- Adjust the seasoning with a little pepper, ladle out into some bowls and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0