This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast is a savory chicken recipe. The sweet apple combines with a moist stuffing makes for a wonderful chicken dinner!
#Appleweek continues! If you are not sure what apple week is check out Apple Fritters It will explain it and also that apple recipe has all the info on entering the giveaway for some great prizes!
One of the sponsors of Apple Week is Swiss Diamond. The people at Swiss Diamond sent me this beautiful baking pan.
This baking pan is amazing. It cooks food so nicely. Here is a little bit about Swiss Diamond:
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company’s Swiss origin and it is Classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface.
I have been wanting to do a sweet and savory stuffing for a while. I know most apple stuffings are made with rice. However, I wanted to make my apple stuffing with bread stuffing. I felt the bread and apple would make for a great combination.
Savory Apple Recipe
I also wanted to do this apple stuffed chicken because it is a savory apple recipe. When you think of Apple, you think of a sweet recipe. I like to think outside the box, and love mixing sweet and savory together.
Apple Stuffed Chicken
So with an apple stuffing, you need something that would go well with it. In comes the chicken. Chicken, is wonderful to be paired with an apple stuffing.
Pork is another white meat that is great with apples. So this apple stuffed chicken can also be made with a boneless pork chop. No matter what meat you use, this apple recipe will be the hit of the dinner table.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast, thin cuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Saute the onion and celery in the butter until the onion is translucent.
- Set aside.
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Add the onion mixture, lemon zest, and apple to the stuffing.
- Mix well.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness
- Top each chicken breast with apple stuffing mixture.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a the Swiss Diamond baking dish.
- Pour apple juice over the chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285