Raspberry Salsa is a sweet mild salsa that can become very addicting! This salsa was created to represent The New England Patriots in Superbowl 51. Plus it is a contender in Seduction in the Kitchen’s Battle of the Salsas! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
Battle of the Salsas!
I admit this idea came very last minute to me. What fun thing can I do that will have peaked the reader’s interest? Then it came to me, the Superbowl. I can make a salsa to represent both teams then let you guys vote on which salsa is the champ. Yes, It is the BATTLE OF THE SALSAS! So today I am posting 2 recipes. I want you to look at each recipe, see the videos I created. Then vote on which salsa you think will reign supreme!
This Raspberry Salsa is the representation of the Patriots. I decided on this one because raspberries are more Northern in my opinion. This salsa is very simple and it is on the mild side. The one ingredient in it that really brings out some flavor in it is available in my Flavor Store:
This salt, my god it is so wonderful. It really brings out an addictive flavoring to this Raspberry salsa. I actually want to use it in a few recipes I got planned in my head. Did I say how much I love it?
Anyway, this sweet mild salsa is up against the Peach Margarita Salsa. Both are fruit salsas but which salsa do you think will reign supreme at your SuperBowl 51 party? Vote and let me know!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 16 ounces raspberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can pineapple tidbits drained well, 8oz
- 1 can chopped green chiles drained, 4 oz
- 1 lemon juiced
- 5 sprigs cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Orange Garlic and Chilli salt
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat up the oil andcook onions in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in berries, pineapple, chilies,brown sugar, smoked orange salt, chili powder and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; cook until berries are mushy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and let cool.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
- Store in the fridge