Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread Recipe takes the traditional Irish soda bread and makes it easy to make. The Instant Pot makes this sweet Irish Soda Bread soft and chewy and very yummy. You will agree this is the best Irish soda bread recipe.
Ihad to turn off all blog, social media, and well anything computer related for a few days. I actually wore myself out. sometimes you have to step away from stuff, and that is what I did.
I have been in this let’s make Seduction in the Kitchen better mode, that I ended getting myself fatigued. Change is good. But you do not want change getting yourself sick. Then you need to do something about that change.
That is what I did. I also invested a little money into Seduction In The Kitchen. I had the site speed improved. I finally handed off the techy stuff to someone so I could relax without a computer. I did need it.
Sweet Irish Soda Bread
I got an Instant Pot. I talked about getting this must have kitchen appliance in Limoncello Bread Pudding. I got inspired to make a bread recipe in the instant pot after the success of the bread pudding.
One bread kept popping into my mind, sweet Irish soda bread. St Patrick Day is coming up so making a traditional Irish Soda Bread recipe with the Instant pot twist is genius. This is no ordinary bread, it is sweet Irish soda bread with raisins.
Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread
I wanted this to be the best Irish soda bread recipe. So after a lot of research, I decided to make this Irish soda bread with raisins. Plus it had to have essential ingredients that make a traditional Irish soda bread.
They are flour, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk.
Buttermilk acid reacts with the baking soda and that is what makes the best Irish soda bread recipe. Then I bake this Irish soda bread recipe in the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot makes it so soft and chewy.
Irish Soda Bread With Raisins
Why put raisins in Irish Soda Bread? My family like raisin bread that is why. We are Irish, so using the only caraway seeds that is seen in Traditional Irish Soda bread would not go over well. Yet, Irish soda bread with raisins is a huge hit.
My Irish grandmother would be happy with this Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread. Why? Well, I am making a recipe from my heritage for one. Also because I took the traditional Irish Soda bread and gave it a new and modern way to make it.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup butter.
- Stir in 1 cup of buttermilk, caraway seeds, raisins, and egg.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead slightly.
- Spray a small round 8-inch cake pan with a baking spray.
- Place the dough in the pan and form it into a round.
- Mix the 1/4 cup melted butter and the 1/4 cup buttermilk together.
- With a knife, cut an X on the top the bread.
- Brush the top the bread with the buttermilk mixture.
- Lightly cover the cake pan with foil.
- Add 2 cups of water to the inner container of your Instant Pot and place the rack into the bottom of the pot.
- Using a sling, put the cake pan with the bread into the Instant Pot and place it on top the rack inside it.
- Place the lid on the Instant pot and place the lever to sealing.
- Use the manual setting, and set it for 45 minutes.
- Once it is done let it natural release for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and using the sling, take the bread out the Instant Pot.
- Remove the foil and let the Irish Soda Bread cool slightly.
- Take out the pan, serve it up and ENJOY!
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Last Confection 6" x 3" Deep Round Aluminum Cake Pan - Professional Bakeware
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 694mg Carbohydrates: 66g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 20g Protein: 9g
Check out my the latest on my other blog: