This post was most recently updated
Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread Recipe takes a recipe for traditional Irish soda bread and turns it into Instant Pot bread! The Instant Pot makes this Irish soda bread with raisins soft and chewy. You will agree this is the best Irish soda bread recipe and a great addition to your collection of recipes for Instant Pot breads.
Traditional Irish Food Recipes
I am Irish. So when St Patty’s Day rolls around, I do celebrate my Irish heritage with traditional Irish food recipes. One of which is a recipe for traditional Irish soda bread.
Recipe For Traditional Irish Soda Bread
For me, making a recipe for traditional Irish soda bread is a bit labor intensive. Recently I admit I been making Instant Pot breads. Could I take a traditional Irish soda bread recipe and make it into an Instant Pot bread?
Instant Pot Breads
You can make Instant Pot bread? Yep! However, an Instant Pot bread will come out small and round because you need a small cake pan to bake Instant Pot breads in.
Irish Soda Bread With Raisins
A traditional irish soda bread recipe can be Irish soda bread with raisins or Irish soda bread with caraway seeds. My family loves Irish soda bread with raisins. I chose to make this Instant Pot bread sweet, so raisins was my choice!
Irish Soda Bread Recipe
What is the traditional ingredients in this Irish recipe? For an Irish soda bread recipe you need:
- baking soda
Why are these ingredients needed for an Irish soda bread recipe?
Buttermilk acid reacts with the baking soda and that is what makes the best recipe for traditional Irish soda bread. Then I bake this Irish soda bread recipe in the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot makes it so soft and chewy.
I may not have a lot of Irish recipes on Seduction in the Kitchen but my Irish grandmother would be happy with this Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread. Why? Well, I am making a recipe from my Irish heritage and because I took the traditional Irish Soda bread and gave it new as a Instant Pot bread!
Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread Recipe takes a recipe for traditional Irish soda bread and turns it into Instant Pot bread! The Instant Pot makes this Irish soda bread with raisins soft and chewy.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup butter.
- Stir in 1 cup of buttermilk, caraway seeds, raisins, and egg.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead slightly.
- Spray a small round 8-inch cake pan with a baking spray.
- Place the dough in the pan and form it into a round.
- Mix the 1/4 cup melted butter and the 1/4 cup buttermilk together.
- With a knife, cut an X on the top the bread.
- Brush the top the bread with the buttermilk mixture.
- Lightly cover the cake pan with foil.
- Add 2 cups of water to the inner container of your Instant Pot and place the rack into the bottom of the pot.
- Using a sling, put the cake pan with the bread into the Instant Pot and place it on top the rack inside it.
- Place the lid on the Instant pot and place the lever to sealing.
- Use the manual setting, and set it for 45 minutes.
- Once it is done let it natural release for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and using the sling, take the bread out the Instant Pot.
- Remove the foil and let the Irish Soda Bread cool slightly.
- Take out the pan, serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 694mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 9g
Check out my the latest on my other blog:
Latest posts by Deanna Samaan (see all)
- Homemade Ricotta: Easy to make and only 3 ingredients - February 20, 2020
- Cinnamon Swirl English Muffin Bread - February 20, 2020
- Rhubarb Peach Scones - February 20, 2020