I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
No Bake Caramel Delights is a copycat recipe of The Girl Scout cookies caramel delites! These caramel delites are so easy to make. Plus these caramel cookies use only a few ingredients!
Girl Scout cookies
Does everyone love Girl Scout cookies? I know I do! Sadly, there is only a short time frame to buy those cookies for those Girl Scout cookies.
So what to do? That is when a copycat recipes come in handy! I love finding copycat Girl Scout cookies recipes.
Girl Scout cookies caramel delites
I do love Girl Scout cookies caramel delites. To be honest, I remember them more as the original name: Somoas. When I was trying to find a copycat recipe of the caramel delites, they seemed like there is just a lot of steps in making those versions of the Girl Scout’s caramel cookie. I wanted to create easy cookie recipe for a crowd.
Easy no bake dessert recipes with few ingredients
How can I make easy no bake dessert recipes with few ingredients? The idea came to me when I saw Nilla Wafers on sale at the store. I can make caramel delights using store bought cookies! I needed to find another cookie base other than the Nilla Wafers.
Lorna Doone cookies
I thought maybe Lorna Doone cookies would work for these Girl Scout cookies caramel delites. Instead, I spotted from Keebler Sandies. Those cookies are just regular shortbread cookies. They were perfect for these no bake cookies with coconut!
However, the Keebler Sandies are not always available. So using Lorna Doone cookies is good to use in this version of caramel delites!
In trying to keep these caramel delites as an easy no bake dessert I thought ice cream caramel sauce would be great for these Girl Scout Cookies Samoas recipe. I wanted to make this caramel delights as easy as possible.
No Bake Cookies with Coconut
The final version of these no bake cookies with coconut was amazing. I created not only great tasting caramel delights, but also easy desserts for a crowd! When you are craving Girl Scout cookies and you can not find any to buy You can add these caramel delites to your collection of girl scout cookies recipes!
- 1 package of Keebler's Sandies Shortbread cookies
- 1 (12 ounce) package of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (toasted)
- 1 cup of caramel topping
- In a bowl, combine the caramel topping and coconut together, set aside.
- On a wax paper lined tray, line up the shortbread cookies.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the coconut mixture on top the cookies, flatten the mixture out as best as you can.
- After you got the coconut mixture on the cookies, melt the chocolate chips. You can either use a double boiler to melt them till smooth, or melt in the microwave.
- One at a time pick up the cookies, and coat the underneath of them in the melted chocolate. Then place them back on the wax paper.
- After you got the bottoms coated with chocolate, drizzle the remaining chocolate over all the cookies.
- Let the cookies set up for about an hour, so that the chocolate can harden.
- After the chocolate is set, then ENJOY!
Not the Keebler Pecan Sandies, you want the classic shortbread.
Lorna Doone cookies also work as well if you can not find the Keebler Sandies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g