This post is part of a kick-butt burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore but the burger epicness is all my own.
Do you like pierogies? Well, you will love this Pierogie Burger! It is a marriage of a flamed grilled burger with buttery pierogies.
The toppings on this juicy burger are everything you love about Pierogies. This burger month recipe is my hometown, Pittsburgh, PA burger! One bite of this beefy burger and you will be in love!
It is time for burger month! I love burger month. Why? Because I love making burgers!
Plus I have a few other burger recipes as well if you can search for. So you can see why I love burger month. It is a way for me to get creative with a meat on a bun!
What is Burger Month?
Burger Month is the entire month of May. This event is run by girl extraordinaire, queen of the grill, Ms. Kita of Girl Carnivore.
Not only is burger month a parade of big juicy burgers, there is also a giveaway as well. This year’s prize pack is amazing:
How do you enter this giveaway? At the end of this post, below the recipe, you will find the entry form to enter so you can enter to win this great prize pack! Good luck to all!
When Girl Carnivore announced Burger Month, one burger came to my mind. It is the burger recipe I have teased for many years, the infamous Pierogie Burger. It is time to bring my Pittsburgh roots to another burger creation.
I love bringing my Pittsburgh heritage to recipes, especially burger recipes as you can tell. Pittsburgh recipes are about piling on toppings onto a sandwich. The balance of flavors just makes the sandwich irresistible.
The mythical pierogie burger. I have said for years I want to make this mammoth burger recipe. Today was finally the day that I took everything pierogi and added it to a beefy hamburger.
Pittsburgh is known for pierogies. Growing up pierogies would be a side dish for many meals. That buttery potato-cheese filled fried pierogies with sauteed onions, they make your mouth water.
Pierogie Fillings For Toppings
Thinking a bit outside the box, I decided to take the fillings that work well with pierogies. Sweet Bavarian sauerkraut, diced crispy bacon, sauteed onions, and gooey melted cheese is what puts this burger over the top. Let’s not forget the main star, those fried pierogies.
Oh, this over the top burger recipe is a Pittsburgher’s dream come true. All those flavors scream yes this burger was made with a Pittsburgher in mind. It is a huge burger and it is filling.
Plus, let’s be honest, it is a Seduction In The Kitchen signature recipe. I mean I did create a Pierogie Stuffed Meatloaf. I’m not afraid to be creative with recipes.
- 1 lb of ground sirloin beef
- 1 teaspoon Cavender's Greek seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided and softened
- 1 teaspoon Vegeta seasoning
- 8 oz Bavarian sauerkraut
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Cheez-wiz
- 1 package of mini 4 cheese pierogies
- 4 buttery baked hamburger buns
- Boil the mini pierogies according to the package, and set aside.
- Heat up the sauerkraut, set aside.
- Mix the ground sirloin with 2 tablespoons of the soft butter and Cavender's Greek seasoning.
- Grill the burgers to your liking.
- As the burgers cook, in a saute pan melt the rest of the butter.
- Add the mini pierogies and sliced onion.
- Season the pierogie mixture with the Vegeta.
- Saute the onion pierogie mixture until the onions turn clear, take them off the heat.
- Taste the hamburger bun lightly
- On the bottom bun add a layer of the sauerkraut.
- Add some the crumbled bacon
- Next, add the grilled burger.
- Melt the Cheeze-wiz and spread some of it on top the burger.
- Place the pierogie onion mixture on top.
- Finally top the burger off with the top bun
- Serve up the burgers and ENJOY!
Be sure to check out all the burgers for burger month on BurgerMonth.com