I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Pear Balsamic Fig Emmental Grilled Cheese is a gourmet grilled cheese. Using Emmental cheese with the balsamic fig vinegar and pear. You have a great tasting French sandwich.
Gourmet Grilled Cheese
When you want to make a gourmet grilled cheese, what better way than to think French sandwich! The perfect gourmet grilled cheese should use a French cheese like Emmental cheese!
Why French cheeses? French cheeses are some of the most beloved by chefs worldwide. So why not take your sandwich up a notch with French cheese and bread. The French cheese I have chosen, Emmental cheese, for this grilled cheese recipe is popular with French chefs!
What is Emmental Cheese?
What is Emmental cheese? French Emmental’s flavor is from the pasteurized milk of grass-fed Normandy cows. Smooth and creamy, it’s striking feature is in it’s distinct “holes” or “eyes.” This cheese I felt was perfect to pair with fruit.
Best Bread For Grilled Cheese
No matter what type of grilled cheese recipe you make, the one question asked is the best bread for grilled cheese? It actually doesn’t matter, as long as you use thick sliced bread for gourmet grilled cheese!
I love the sweetness of pears. Let’s be honest when comes to French recipes, the pear is the fruit I always think of. I really wanted this sandwich to burst with a French flavor. So this gourmet grilled cheese quickly became a French sandwich!
Grilled Cheese With Mayo
Why do you make a grilled cheese recipe with mayo? Well, grilled cheese with mayo is a chef’s secret! The mayo makes a crispier bread when fried. Yes, you can skip the mayo, but trust me just make just once grilled cheese with mayo, you notice a difference and will never just fry a grilled cheese recipe again in just butter!
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 3 drops truffle oil
- 2 TB butter
- 1 TB Balsamic Fig Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 pear (sliced)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked)
- 2 oz Emmental Cheese (sliced)
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 2 TB mayonnaise
- Melt the butter in a saute pan. Add the drops of truffle oil to it.
- Next, add the onion, and saute till the onion turns clear.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top the onions and caramelize them.
- Then add the balsamic fig vinegar. Cook till the vinegar reduces.
- Take the onions off the heat and set aside.
- Wipe the pan out with a paper towel.
- Spread the mayo on one side of each the bread slices.
- Place 2 slices of the bread, mayo side down in the pan.
- Place a player of the onion mixture on each slice of bread.
- On top of that add a layer of pears.
- Then add the Emmental Cheese on top of that.
- Finally add the bacon slices on the top of the cheese.
- Top it all off with a slice of bread, mayo side up.
- Cook for about a minute, till the bottom, starts to turn golden. Press the sandwich down and flip it.
- Cook the other side for about a minute, and then press it down one more time and cook the sandwich for another 30 seconds.
- Take off the heat, serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mantova Organic Fig Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Perfect for Salad Dressing, Pasta Salad, Ice Cream and Cocktails, 8.5 oz
BONAZZA Fry Pan Set Physical Nonstick Fully Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Frying Pan Set 8-Inch & 10-Inch, Fast and Even Heating with All Cooktops Induction Dishwasher Safe FDA Approved & PFOA Free
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1188Total Fat: 85gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 295mgSodium: 1326mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 28g