Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffins combines gooey peanut butter with a moist banana nut muffin. The combination of peanut butter and bananas is great together. So why not make it into the best muffin recipe! Serves 12
Peanut Butter and Bananas
I like peanut butter and bananas. It is wonderful for a snack when you want to lose weight. The combination of bananas and peanut butter is just a great flavor overall.
For This Recipe You Will Need
- OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan Affiliate Link
- OXO Good Grips Reusable Silicone Baking Cups Affiliate Link
Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
I am in the midst of a multi-state move. My dad loves banana nut muffins. I thought why not make a banana nut muffin recipe to thank him for driving the Uhaul for me.
However, that banana nut muffin recipe quickly morphed to include peanut butter. Why? The truth is I was going through the pantry trying to get rid of stuff in it. I wanted to use up my peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffins
I have always said just looking at what is in your cupboards can make the best recipes. That is how these Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffins came to be. Yes, they may have started out to be just banana nut muffins, but I wanted to use up my peanut butter because me moving.
Peanut Butter Muffins
Why did I not just make peanut butter muffins? That was a thought, but peanut butter banana nut sounds better.
Peanut Butter Filling
What makes this muffin recipe stand out is that it has a peanut butter filling. Inside this moist muffin is a tunnel of gooey peanut butter. That is how I incorporated the peanut butter into a banana nut muffin recipe!
This banana nut recipe results in moist muffins. The secret to these moist muffins is using very overripe bananas. I have found the blacker the better for bananas. Those overripe bananas just make the moistest baked goods.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, soften
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside
- With an electric mixer, whip the bananas and sugar together for a good 3 minutes.
- Add the soft butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. (do not over mix)
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of the nuts
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter.
- Mix until the filling is nice and smooth.
- Fill the muffin pan with batter until 2/3 way filled
- spoon a little bit the filling into each muffin
- Then top with a tiny bit the batter and some the chopped nuts on the top. Do not overfill the muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean free of batter.
- Let cool, then serve them up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310