My fur babies are a handful, My one Angel, has been sick, she got a rare condition that causes her uterus to get infected. She is fixed, but she is looking to have the whole uterus out, but $1200 and I just don’t have the money, so got treat her with, well a birth control type of pill and antibiotics. She had about this week with her illness, so she been laying with me on the bed.
Doodle Bug, she is the alpha kitty in this home, she also my nursemaid and protector. She has been trying to watch over me and Angel this week. Then there is Lilly, the baby and the biggest of all three. Lilly tries to be cute, but I discovered her and Doodle Bug have teamed up.
I was laying in bed with Angel, I hear a noise. I get out bed to discover Doodle Bug on top of the fridge swatting the bag of treats, trying to knock them down to the floor to Lilly. They managed to get one bag down, and I saw Lilly ripped it open, and was waiting for the second bag to come down to open it. Ah huh! They act sometimes like hate each other but really it arouse. They are partners in crime. I was wondering why the bags of treats seem to disappear. Now I know, I am willing to bet the empty bags are under the couch. Every time I move the couch I find TONS of toys, and weird stuff, like caps off of hair spray. I know how they got there Angel, Doodle Bug, and Lilly.
So being around the fur babies this last month, is it any wonder why I cook for a stress relief? I love them but I need a break from them too. Though Doodle bug I do call my sous chef. She sits in the kitchen and watches me cook. She is fascinated with watching me in the kitchen. Though Lilly and Angel I would say is my perverts, They like to sit in the bathroom when I take a bath or shower for some reason. Though they are probably doing a kitty laugh at seeing how I shower with a cast on. I sit in the tub, place my cast up on the toilet, lid down of course. Then pull the curtain around it so it is under the curtain while it is on the toilet, then turn the shower on. I will turn the shower to the bath as I soap up and stuff the turn back to the shower to rinse off. Hey, it works. The tricky part is getting out, but that is why I use the towel bar to pull myself out.
A tasty yummy muffin with mango and #strawberries to start your day. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon `baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cupfresh strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mango chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- First, you want to cut up your mango and strawberries. Fresh mangoes can be messy to cut up, just be forewarned. Then just set the bowl aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Then mix all together.
- Beat the egg and milk together. If you do not have buttermilk, save yourself a trip to the store, just put in a tablespoon of white vinegar into the milk. Measure it out, add the vinegar and wait 5 minutes, presto buttermilk. Anyway, after you beat the egg and milk together, add the melted butter and extracts and mix it well.
- Time to add the liquid and fruit to the flour mixture. So pour in the milk mixture then add the fruit.
- Mix it all together until it just combined, what that means as soon as you see no dry flour. You do not want to over mix muffin batter. That is what results in dry muffins believe it or not. I actually leaned that from Julia Child. The more you play with flour, meaning mixing it, it releases some chemical that breaks the flour down and you get tough, dry pastries. They explain it in Baking with Julia, I believe was the title.
- Put liners in your muffin tins and fill them up about 3/4 of the way with the batter. If you do not want to use liners, make sure your grease the muffin tin well before you add the batter to it.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on the muffins. Then bake them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Make sure you test the muffins, do the tooth pick test, just put a tooth pick in the middle of one and pull it out if it clean then they are done, if got batter on it cook a few minutes longer.
- Than, take them out and let them cool, Though I admit I like a warm muffin with some fresh creamy butter on it.