I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
[intro]Pan Apple Mini Cakes are mini poppable apple muffins that can be also like silver dollar pancakes! This quick apple cake is an on the go breakfast recipe! These apple muffins are perfect to make ahead and eat when you in a hurry.[/intro]
#AppleWeek continues with this pan mini cake recipe. To refresh what Apple Week is, please check out Apple Fritters to find out the details and to enter the giveaway for Apple Week!
Pan Mini Cake
What exactly is a pan mini cake? It is a cross between a muffin and a pancake actually. This apple breakfast recipe is unique. Best of all it is poppable and perfect for when you in a rush in the morning.
The inspiration on these mini cakes came because of the pan Nordic Ware sent me for Apple Week. Nordic Ware sent me an Ebelskiver pan! An Ebelskiver pan is a filled pancake pan.
Rodelle vanilla also sent me a bottle of their superb vanilla for recipe creation for apple week. I knew that the Rodelle vanilla was perfect to use for this pan mini cake idea I had in mind.
Pancakes or Muffins
Is this apple recipe pancakes or muffins? Actually, this breakfast apple recipe is both! These little cakes are fried like a pancake, but have the texture like a muffin!
I work in healthcare, so I am always on the go. So I need a quick poppable breakfast. That is what I had in mind when I came up with these mini apple cakes.
Pan Mini Apple Cakes
What is also nice about these pan mini apple cakes is you can make a whole batch of them up, put in a closed container and Enjoy them throughout the week! All you have to do is just heat them up for 15 seconds in the microwave. These apple pancakes really are pop and go!
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup warm milk
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- Mix the apples, brown sugar, and apple spice together and set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the warm milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture, stirring to combine
- Add the apple mixture and, just combine it to the batter.
- Prepare the Nordic Ware pan with a little cooking spray.
- Heat up on medium heat and add a little batter into each cavity.
- Cook for about a minute, then using a skewer flip each cake.
- Cook for another minute, then turn out onto a plate.
- Dust with a little cinnamon sugar or powder sugar.
- Serve them up and ENJOY!
If kept in an air tight container, they are good for a week in the fridge, or a month frozen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110