Alize Golden Strawberry Coffee Cake is a moist, yummy coffee cake that will delight your taste buds. a #recipe from Seduction in the kitchen.
It felt so good this weekend to let my apartment just air out. The weather was so nice outside. With Easter coming up very soon, I hope this nice weather sticks around. However, they are saying we could get that “s” word for Easter. Please, Old Man winter, just go to sleep, I promise we see you again in a year.
I am working with Alize to develop a few recipes for them. They sent me a bottle of the Original Golden Alize, which is this passion fruit flavor alcohol. It screams dessert. Strawberries are on sale everywhere because of the upcoming Easter holiday. I was playing around trying to make a strawberry drink, when I realized when I was muddling the strawberries in the Golden Alize, that the Alize really brings out the strawberry flavor. Lightning struck, this would be great as a dessert topping of some sort. This coffee cake came out so good, that my work devoured the whole thing, they loved it so very much.
A moist, yummy coffee cake that will delight your taste buds. a #recipe from Seduction in the kitchen.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/2-2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Alize
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a bowl, add the sliced strawberries and add the Alize over them. Set them aside.
- Next in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, extracts, melted butter and if you want you could add a splash of the Alize to this liquid mixture.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture, you only want to mix it till just combined. With a coffee cake, you really do not want to be over mixed, it will actually make the cake dry and tough.Why is because the flour as it is mixed release the gluten, the less gluten it has it makes for tough cake. BUT do not think this make it gluten free, that is something else entirely. Gluten free is using a non wheat flour.
- After you got just moisten, bread the batter in a greased cake pan 8-10 inches large. Heat the oven to 375F.
- On top the batter pout the strawberries on the top and cover the entire surface with them.
- Then make the topping. Combine the flour, sugar, and butter. Cut in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs in the bowl.
- Sprinkle the topping over the top the strawberries. Drizzle the heavy cream over the top the cake.
- Put the cake in the oven bake it for 30-35 minutes. Test the doneness with a toothpick, if comes out clean then it is done.
- Let the cake cool, then slice it up and ENJOY!
- Calories: 525