They say anything is possible as long as you believe. I believed in so many things, but they didn’t come through. As a kid, we read these fairy tales and they have you believing in Prince Charming, on a white horse, coming to rescue you. In reality, Prince Charming isn’t on the white horse. In fact, he may not be searching for you. On Facebook, I see many people post those photos about him riding a jackass.
In reality, Prince Charming isn’t on the white horse. In fact, he may not be searching for you. On Facebook, I see many people post those photos about him riding a jackass.
Oh fairy tales, how they do give you that dream. That is what they are supposed to do, make you dream. At one point we do stop dreaming. Mostly it because too much disappointment because our dream did not come true. Or did it?
Maybe the dream came true, only we didn’t notice it because we looking way too much into “perfect” or we have taken the fairy tale way to literal. Maybe Prince Charming isn’t on that white horse, maybe he doesn’t have on that perfect suit and glistening smile you come to expect from the fairy tale. Maybe he wears a hoodie and jeans and he could be riding that jackass. yes he could be so very busy that he doesn’t have time to respond to every text. There is something about him, you like. It could be the way he is concerned when you got bad news. It could be he will help with dishes and not have to be asked. It is the little things that are what makes him Prince Charming, not what the fairy tell tells you what Price Charming is supposed to be like.
Yes he could be so very busy that he doesn’t have time to respond to every text. There is something about him, you like. It could be the way he is concerned when you got bad news. It could be he will help with dishes and not have to be asked. It is the little things that are what makes him Prince Charming, not what the fairy tell tells you what Price Charming is supposed to be like.
Women forget this. Just because the packaging isn’t what you expected, doesn’t mean it not a real gem. Food can be like that too. It can be not what you expected, but once you take a bite, you end up being a great thing.
As I mentioned so many times on here, I am a native Pittsburgher living in Cleveland. So when comes to Pittsburgh style cuisine, I am an expert in a way. I mean, I did grow up with it. trust me the first time I had a steak salad and it didn’t have french fries on it, I was surprised. I thought that was the normal thing to do. Then I found out, it a Pittsburgh thing to do with steak salads. It is a good example, the packing wasn’t what I expected, but it was still good.
Many people when they think of Pittsburgh food, they think of the official Pittsburgh sandwich, a Primanti Bros sandwich. With the coleslaw and french fries on it. There is another place in Pittsburgh that has amazing sandwiches. In fact, one those sandwiches actually made Maxim’s magazine #7 spot in best sandwiches in the country.
What place is this? It is called FatHeads. It is on the South Side of Pittsburgh on Carson Street, and they have some amazing combos on their sandwiches. So as I said a Pittsburgher living in Cleveland, but I do get a taste of my hometown from time to time here.
Fatheads opened up a restaurant here in Cleveland. Trust me Clevelanders think one the best restaurants here, but 95% them do not even realize it from Pittsburgh and they are eating Pittsburgh style food. In fact, my friends ask me, after I told them that the original is in Pittsburgh, why is the best sandwich there called the South Side Slopes.
Well, the #7 best sandwich in the country, according to Maxim is called the South Side Slopes, because Fatheads is on the South Side and part of South Side starts to slope, so we call that part “The Slopes,” thus the name South Side Slopes. Have you been to Pittsburgh? It a mountain with 3 rivers. It is all hills there. So this is my version of the “other” famous sandwich in Pittsburgh. The grocery store had fresh kielbasa on sale, so I decided let’s make a South Side Slopes.
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 box of frozen pierogies
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 slices colby jack cheese
- grain mustard
- hoagie buns
- First saute the onion in about 5 tablespoons of the butter. Saute them until start to become clear. Then add the heavy cream. Continue cooking the onions for another 2 minutes, until the cream has been absorbed. Ste them aside.
- Bring water to a boil, and cook the pierogies according to the box.
- In the same pan as the onions. Once you take out the onions, you can saute the pierogies in it. Use the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter to do that. One they are done, take out and set them aside.
- Again in the pan, add the kielbasa. Cut into sections and also cut the sections in half. It help placing them onto the buns. Cook it till it is done. Then add the cheese over the top and melt the cheese over the kielbasa
- Now to assemble, put down the cheese covered kielbasa onto a bun. Next put down at least 2 pierogies on top of the kielbasa. Layer on some the sauteed onions. The top part the bun add mayo and mustard. You now made a “Headwich” which is what Fatheads calls it sandwiches, because they are as big as your head. Take a bite and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625