I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
[intro]Instant Pot Pineapple Mango Ham is a simple way to make a holiday ham. The sweet and zesty pineapple mango glaze is what makes this ham flavorful. Cooked in an instant pot, this ham dish will be done and ready to serve in about an hour.[/intro]
Can I say I am addicted to my Instant Pot? I understand why so many love this appliance. I have been so busy lately that cooking and baking in it has saved me a ton of time in my kitchen.
Tropical Mango Glazed Ham
When my ex-husband told me to get out years ago, he did this right at Christmas time. My friends helped get my stuff out and got me through that time. To thank them, I made a tropical mango glazed ham.
I found the original recipe for the mango ham glaze on Food Network. It was fabulous. Everyone enjoyed the ham dinner I made.
Cooking A Ham In The Instant Pot
I do have a confession, this is my second attempt at cooking a ham in the Instant Pot. The first attempt, I cooked it way too long . I ended up with a well done candied ham.
It was a cooking lesson on cooking ham in an instant pot. The time you need to cook anything in an Instant pot is much less than what cook in the oven. So this time I tried again, and cut the time way down and got a perfect ham dinner.
Adding Ginger Ale For Ham Glaze
Another lesson I learned from the first attempt at cooking a ham in the Instant Pot was I need more liquid. My answer to that was ginger ale. My mom actually makes her Easter ham with a ginger ale based ham glaze.
Her recipe is simple:
- Ginger ale
- brown sugar
Instant Pot Pineapple Mango Ham
Knowing I needed more liquid to cook this ham in the instant pot. Plus less time to develop this Instant Pot Pineapple Mango Ham. I combined that mango ham glaze I made years earlier with my mother’s ham glaze.
The combination of those ingredients gave this pineapple mango ham that wow factor. The taste of the ham was perfect. Best of all, it made for an easy ham recipe.
It was an easy ham recipe for the Instant pot after I figured out what I did wrong the first time that is. The key to making a ham in the instant pot is watching the time. Remember it is less than the oven to cook the ham.
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 (16-ounce) can pineapple rings
- 8-10 pound ham, bone-in
- whole cloves
- Puree the mangos with the pineapple juice that is in with the pineapple chunks, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Stir in the ginger ale and pineapple chunks.
- Working with a sharp knife, score the ham on the bias, fat side up, by drawing the knife from 1 side of the ham to the other. Be sure and make the incisions deep enough (about 1/2-inch) so that the glaze can reach the meat underneath the layer of fat. Continue scoring the top of the ham in the other direction to form a criss-cross pattern over the top.
- Place the cloves all over the ham.
- Using the toothpicks or the cloves, attach the pineapple rings to the top and sides of the ham.
- Glaze the ham in the mango glaze.
- Pour the rest the glaze into the instant pot
- Place the ham in the instant pot.
- Secure the lid on Instant Pot and cook on the meat setting for 15 minutes.
- Let the pot naturally release.
- Serve up the ham, reserve some the juice inside the Instant pot to serve with dinner and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 909Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 363mgSodium: 5545mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 127g