This is a special post today. As you know I told you that I am doing 30 days of eating fresh. You also know I am on a quest to lose weight as well. I am still a little new to this Instagram thing, but I decided to do a campaign on Instagram to lose weight, but to also help motivate people, that you can do this, We all normal people, sometimes you need to make changes, but you have to want those changes for you, not for someone else, for you. You are the one that matters, if losing weight will make you happy, then do changes you want to do to make that happen.
That is exactly what I am doing, I am making changes I want to do, which one they are eating fresh items, no processed, canned, fast food. only fresh items. What does Instagram have to do with eating fresh and losing weight your wondering? Well, I am going to document the best I can my journey here. I will post photos of what I am doing, what my body is doing. My issue is my butt, hips, and thighs. I want to lose 25lbs. So you can watch this life changing even with me via Instagram. First, you got to follow me on it and you can do that here. Next, I will be using a special hashtag. After a debate with friends, we decided the hashtag should be #pinkdivadiet. After all, my name on it is The Lovely Pink Diva, so use pink diva and diet to create this hashtag. So I hope you join me in this new change I am doing in my life.
I also wanted to let you know I am part of Sunday Supper American Family Insurance is doing sponsoring a great series, that actually fits in well with my fresh eating choice I am doing. Choose Dreams is the theme and the Weekday Supper is having great healthy dishes this month for you to enjoy. Lots of veggies to be seen on it. I told you perfect timing for my eating fresh diet I am doing. So please check out these great recipes every day on the Sunday Supper Movement website Yes I will be having a recipe go up for it, want to know when? Have to check it out to see when I go live with a great fresh recipe. Also, make sure you join me at 7 pm EST on Sunday, June 22nd on Twitter for a special Twitter chat with #SundaySupper, and #ChooseDreams. We will be talking up some great ways of eating healthy.
I have a patient, who for some reason, thinks I am Arabic. It because of my last name, I got that from my ex-husband. Well, she a sweet woman, and is always telling me, “Deanna, you’re a good woman, you need a good Egyptian man to take care of you.” She even tried to fix me up with her son, who lives in New York. I have met him once, not on a date, but he brought her in while visiting my lab. He said to me, “She really adores you, I think because you get on the first stick, you do not hurt her when you get her blood. She always says she loves talking to you.” Well, she gave me a recipe for a salad, the thing is she wrote in Arabic.
As I have said, she thinks I am Arabic, she tries to talk to me in the language, I told her I am not Arabic, and I do not understand. I can not speak the language, but she likes to think I am. If it makes her happy, I let her think it.
After I got a friend, who is Egyptian, translate the recipe, I found to be a very simple recipe that is actually very good. It is one of my favorites to make. It perfect for my eating fresh choice I am doing, plus it just a refreshing salad.
An easy, healthy Egyptian cucumber salad recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/4 cup scallions thinly sliced
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- Score the cucumber with a fork and then slice it. What this does, it makes the cucumber pretty, but also helps with getting the moisture out the cucumber when we salt it. Sprinkle a little salt on them and let sit for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, put the feta in a bowl with the scallions and with a fork, you want to mash the feta to break into smaller pieces and also to blend it with the scallions. Then mix in the lemon and oil, set it aside.
- After an hour that the cucumbers have set, blot them with a paper towel to remove the moisture. Then cut it up into smaller pieces. Add them to the feta mixture, along with the chopped mint, season with a little pepper and salt if you want. Personally I think it has enough salt. Mix it all well.
- Put a little in a dish and simply ENJOY!