Guinness Shrimp, Mushrooms, Onions, Asparagus
As you know in June, I did 30 days of eating fresh foods. I admit I never felt better. It a good change I did and I am proud of the results. I have energy and I lost weight which was a great bonus. Even though it now July, I think I am going to stick with the fresh foods for the most part. I really do love how I am looking and feeling. It was a good I decided to do that challenge.
So you know I really do not like beer to drink. When I made the Gorgonzola Guinness Bacon Dip I had to buy a huge bottle of Guinness. Since I do not drink beer, I had to figure out how to use it up. I like cooking with it, just not drinking it. What can I say? I am a margarita type of gal.
Anyway, I originally thought maybe a Guinness glaze on salmon, but changed my mind and thought of shrimp. I had some asparagus tips, onions, and mushrooms, and thought, this would make for a nice meal. It turned out so fabulous!
Savory Guinness sauce is what makes this shrimp dish so good. Add in some onions, mushrooms and asparagus and your taste buds will be in heaven. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Mix together the Guinness, sugar, Worcestershire, garlic, salt, pepper and hot sauce. then set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil on medium high. Then add the onions and mushrooms to it.
- Cook them until the onions start to get transparent, then add the asparagus and shrimp, stir constantly. When the shrimp start to turn pink, add the Guinness mixture to the skillet.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue to cook the shrimp for another 5 minutes. You see the sauce reducing as you cook. After 5 minutes, turn the heat off.
- Put some baby greens on a plate, put the shrimp mixture on top of it and then ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 283kcal Calories from fat 82|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|