Hawaiian Shrimp Fried Rice is Hawaiian inspired fried rice that is made with pineapple. This recipe will is easy to make and you want to have it as a meal.
Ok, I admit I am liking doing a post on the WordPress app on my iPhone. It really has helped me start posts! I think I found something that a good mix of having posts regular and also not burn me out either! I always say there is always a better way!
I have been doing recipe collections for Parade now for 5 months now. I actually learned a few things from doing these collections. One is photos.
I’m seeing photos of other bloggers and because I got pick the best photo from the recipe to use in the collection. It is showing me different ways to take photos.
Since I have been looking at so many photos for these Parade posts, I’m about to take photo taking to another level, lighting. Right now I do shoot in natural light, but I’m limited. One because I live in Cleveland, the other I shoot the photos in a shared entryway with my neighbor.
Well, I can’t adjust the blinds for more light. Why? Well, let’s just say it too awkward shooting down there. She thinks the entry way is her own personal closet. However, it is the best place for a natural light I found out.
So, I’m looking into a lighting system so can shoot photos in my apartment instead of in that entryway. That way I can take photos on my time also instead of working around a neighbor’s schedule. I will admit, it could be 10 pm and I’m inspired to make say brownies, I can shoot that photo with a lighting system. No, I rarely am baking at 10 pm, but nice to have that option, though. I’m excited about this next step in photography.
Hawaiian Shrimp Fried Rice
Stepping up your game, no matter what it is, is always a plus. I have a confession, back when it was Jon and Kate + 8, Jon made Hawaiian Fried Rice. It sounded intriguing to me.
So I decided to create my own Hawaiian Shrimp Fried Rice. My first attempt was in the
Hawaiian Steak and Fried Rice.
It was good, but since then I learned to adapt it a bit better.
One of my very best friends feels I should put SPAM into this Hawaiian Shrimp Fried Rice recipe to really make it Hawaiian. Honestly, I never had SPAM. I just didn’t want to add it, if anyone does do this recipe and adds SPAM to it, please tell me if it is good with it!
Hawaiian inspired fried rice made with pineapple and shrimp. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 dark sesame oil
- 1 Box of Rice A Roni Fried Rice
- 1 medium carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Lb fresh shrimp
- Heat up the sesame oil in a wok. Add the shrimp and saute the shrimp in the sesame oil until the shrimp go from clear white to pink. Remove the shrimp, and set aside.
- Using the wok, follow the directions for the rice a roni., read the directions and saute the rice as directed on the box.
- After the rice turns golden as box indicates, add the rest the ingredients, along with the water the box calls for and the shrimp cooked earlier.
- Continue cooking in the wok, stirring constantly so that the rice doesnt stick to the sides. Cook the rice for about 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve up the rice and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410