I have always believed that signs are everywhere when comes to life. It up to us weather we pay attention to them or not. A movie with Mathew Perry and Selma Hayek called “Fools Rush In,” was all about that, though not till the end that you get it, when He is in New York and she is in Las Vegas, he keeps seeing all the signs about Las Vegas and it occurs to him, they are supposed to be together. Life is sometimes not clear cut like they show in the movies, that is for sure. It would be nice if it was.
I admit even though I believe there are signs, I do forget this, till I get a reminder. I do not go to my mail room every day, only because of it kinda a pain to put on the walking boot part the cast, so I go maybe a few times a week down to it. I admit I was feeling blue and decided to get my mail, well someone had cut out 2 sentences from the newspaper and taped to the glass in front of the bulletin board. What was on those sentences was actually an answer to a question I had going on in my life at that moment. Wow, it was a sign, cryptic sign but still a sign, it answered something for me but left me with other questions, but it did help point me in the right direction.
Sometimes we need to open our eyes and pay attention. We make things complicated. It is like we force things to go or happen, but the more you force it, the signs are there it just isn’t going to happen or go that way. We ignore it because of it is something we do not want to see or hear maybe. If we pay attention to those little signs, life and relationship might be as great as “sliced bread”
I have been learning various techniques to making bread. I learned the secrets to making great bread is one having the oiled pan to bake it on and also a water bath really helps in baking bread. I still cheat and use the bread maker in mixing the dough, using that helps more than anything.
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- The first thing is put all the ingredients into the bread maker and set on the dough cycle.
- After the dough is done in the bread maker, take it out and with some oil on your hands divide the dough and shape it into 2 logs.
- Then take a knife and cut 4-5 slits on the top. After you do that sprinkle a little water. Not much just literally put your hand in water and “fling” it onto the bread. Then a small sprinkle of flour on the top the bread as well and let the bread raise on a oiled sheet for about 30 minutes.
- After it has raised for 30 minutes, it time to bake the bread. Take a small pan and fill it with at least 2 inches of water. Put in the oven and let the oven heat up at 400 degrees. I usually do this part as the bread is raising, that way when it time to bake it be in a nice hot moist oven. Bake it for about 25-30 minutes. Till nice and golden on top. Sometimes i will brush a little olive oil on the top of it before I bake, That is ok as well.
- Finally, when done, let it cool and enjoy some fresh bread right from your oven!