Bookies are a chocolate chip cookie brownie. This brownie chocolate chip cookies are the best of two worlds. It is part chocolate chip cookie and part fudge brownie! Serves 12
Recipes With Brownie Mix
I do like making homemade brownies from scratch. I do make some recipes with brownie mix. This chocolate chip cookie brownie is a good example of a recipe with brownie mix. It just easier for this brownie cookie.
Chocolate Chip Brownies
Are bookies chocolate chip brownies? Well, yes and no. It is a brownie but also a chocolate chip cookie as well. So chocolate chip brownies doesnt quite describe what this chocolate bar recipe is. Chocolate chip cookie brownie seems more appropriate as a name!
Cookie Brownies Recipe
When I first heard this term Bookies, I was at work. Co-workers were bragging about this IT guy there that made his famous cookie brownies recipe. I had no idea what a bookie was until I found out that it is Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies.
How To Make A Cookie Brownie
Ok, now I got it. The B in Bookies was for brownies and ookies was for cookies. Actually, this chocolate chip cookie brownie marriage is genius. How to make a cookie brownie?
It is simple, these brownie cookies from a mix. Wait, what? Yes using a brownie mix with a chocolate chip cookie recipe makes easy chocolate chip cookie brownies!
For This Recipe You Will Need
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie
The combo of chocolate chip meets brownies in this chocolate chip cookie brownie is amazing. So why not indulge and bake up a batch of these Bookies, cookie brownie bars recipe. You are going to love this chocolate marriage in this brownie cookies!
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box brownie mix
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars in a Medium mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and egg; cream again until smooth.
- Next stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Add chocolate chips. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on the box or make your own like my Easy Brownies.
- Pour batter into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Scatter the pieces of cookie dough randomly over the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut it up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g