Crab Cake Sliders is a slider recipe has a lemon dill sauce that goes so well with the crab cakes! These slider sandwiches are perfect to make for game night! 24 Servings
I admit I have been very busy updating all the recipe posts on Seduction In The Kitchen. As I have been doing that, I noticed I am lacking in some categories. One of which is slider recipes.
I do have Cheesy Pepperoni Bratwurst Sliders and a few others, but that is it. Sandwich recipes are one of my favorite recipes to create. Slider recipes are fun because they are bite-size sandwiches.
If slider sandwiches are bite-size why make them? Sliders are appetizers on a restaurant menu. I like slider sandwiches because when I am watching my weight, that bite-size sandwich is perfect for portion control on an over the top sandwich recipe.
I am a huge seafood lover. Recently, I took my dad to Walt Disney World for a few reasons.
- His birthday
- To show him it would be ok for me to move to Florida
- Me to get photos for my new/ old blog: The Recipes Of Disney.
While we were there I took him to Yachtsman Steakhouse for his birthday dinner and I had the best crab cakes.
Those crab cakes were amazing! Even my father, who only eats fried shrimp, took a bot of the crab cakes and enjoyed them. Thinking of Disney’s crab cakes, I decided to make a crab cake slider!
Lemon Dill Sauce
Anyone can take a crab cake recipe put on a bun and say these are slider sandwiches. To make my crab cake sliders stand out I needed a good sauce, a lemon dill sauce.
Crab Cake Sliders
Why use a lemon dill sauce on crab cake sliders? Lemon is wonderful on any seafood. Dill makes a crab cake recipe just pop with flavor. Add the two together and you have a crab cake recipe that will be a mouth orgasm.
I kept these slider sandwiches simple. I really wanted the crab cakes to be the main star and the lemon dill sauce just be a compliment the crab cake recipe. So I choose to only add a little bit of arugula to this slider recipe.
The results are, these crab cake sliders are yummy! I would make this slider recipe for game day!
Crab Cake Sliders is a slider recipe has a lemon dill sauce that goes so well with the crab cakes! These slider sandwiches are perfect to make for game night!
- 18 butter crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus more for schmearing
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay, plus additional for garnishing
- 8 dashes hot sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lump blue crab meat, shell and cartilage picked out
- 24 slider buns, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the crackers, mayonnaise, parsley, seafood seasoning, hot sauce, egg and some salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat until just combined.
- Lightly form 24 patties by taking 2 tablespoons of the crab mixture and rolling it into 2-inch balls, about the size of a golf ball. Then lightly smash them into a patty.
- Pan-fry the crab cakes in 2 inches of hot oil until they are golden brown. 3-5 minutes.
- Take out the oil and pat them with some paper towel to get rid of the excess oil. Set aside.
Lemon Dill Aioli
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and garlic together.
- Whisk well for about 5 minutes until the mixture is nice and light.
Place the crab cakes on the bottom of the slider buns. Add a little bit of the lemon dill aioli to the top of the crab cakes. Top with a little arugula lettuce. Then finish with the top slider bun. Serve the crab cake sliders up and ENJOY!
Can you bake the crab cakes instead of frying? YES:
- Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
- Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes
- BONAZZA Fry Pan Set Physical Nonstick Fully Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Frying Pan Set 8-Inch & 10-Inch, Fast and Even Heating with All Cooktops Induction Dishwasher Safe FDA Approved & PFOA Free
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235