I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Crab Cake Sliders is a wonderful slider recipe. This crab cake sandwich has a tasty dill sauce recipe. With the crab cakes sauce and these slider sandwiches, you have an amazing game night menu!
For a long time, it seemed like slider recipes ruled. Everyone had some type of slider sandwich on the menus. Sliders are great and you can come up with these mini burger creations for a crowd. Can sliders go beyond the burger recipes?
My first slider recipe, Cheesy Pepperoni Bratwurst Sliders, I did just that with a bratwurst sandwich. Now I want to create a slider version of a crab cake sandwich.
Crab cake sandwich
So why a crab cake sandwich as a slider recipe? Not everyone eats beef is one reason why. Plus I love crab cakes, so why not make an easy crab cake recipe and make it into a slider.
What to serve with crab cakes
If I am to make a crab cake sandwich what to serve with crab cakes? I need a great crab cakes sauce that will make these sliders really pop with flavor. A dill sauce recipe goes excellent with crab!
Dill sauce recipe
I decided to play with the crab cakes sauce. The dill sauce recipe I had needed something, so adding in a little extra lemon did the trick! I took an easy crab cake recipe, topped with lemon dill sauce, and made an amazing crab cake sandwich.
Why add extra lemon to the dill sauce recipe? Lemon is wonderful on any seafood. Dill makes a crab cake recipe just pop with flavor. Add the two together and you have a crab cake recipe that will be a mouth orgasm.
Easy crab cake recipe
I kept these slider sandwiches simple. So to do that, I needed to create an easy crab cake recipe. After all the crab cake is the main star! Plus forming the crab cakes smaller and thinner, they cook up easier.
In keeping these crab cake sandwiches simple, I choose to only add a little bit of arugula to top this slider recipe. The results are, these crab cake sliders are yummy! I would make this slider recipe for game day!
- 18 butter crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus more for schmearing
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay, plus additional for garnishing
- 8 dashes hot sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lump blue crab meat, shell and cartilage picked out
- 24 slider buns, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the crackers, mayonnaise, parsley, seafood seasoning, hot sauce, egg and some salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat until just combined.
- Lightly form 24 patties by taking 2 tablespoons of the crab mixture and rolling it into 2-inch balls, about the size of a golf ball. Then lightly smash them into a patty.
- Pan-fry the crab cakes in 2 inches of hot oil until they are golden brown. 3-5 minutes.
- Take out the oil and pat them with some paper towel to get rid of the excess oil. Set aside.
Lemon Dill Aioli
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and garlic together.
- Whisk well for about 5 minutes until the mixture is nice and light.
Place the crab cakes on the bottom of the slider buns. Add a little bit of the lemon dill aioli to the top of the crab cakes. Top with a little arugula lettuce. Then finish with the top slider bun. Serve the crab cake sliders up and ENJOY!
Can you bake the crab cakes instead of frying? YES:
- Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
- Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g