Apple Pie Cookies is simply apple pie in a cookie! These apple cookies are really wonderful to enjoy. This apple pie cookies recipe will be a favorite in your house! Serves 12
My mom would go every Friday to the Farmer’s Market When I was growing up. She always came home with various baked goods, including these apple cookies. Those apple cookies were so yummy, they never made it through the whole weekend.
There is something about apple cookies that gets me feeling nostalgic about growing up. I always think of my mom coming home from the Farmers’ Market with boxes and bags of goodies. You knew in one of those bags was those apple cookies.
Apple Pie Cookies Recipe
It was a visit back home to Pittsburgh that inspired me to create an apple pie cookies recipe. My family was talking one night and the subject of those Farmers Market apple cookies came up. Basically, we all wished we could still get those yummy apple cookies again.
Apple Pie Cookies
The next day I set out to create an apple pie cookies recipe. How my apple pie cookies differ from the apple cookies I enjoyed as a kid is that the apple pie cookies do not have icing on them.
For This Recipe You Will Need
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet Affiliate Link
- Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets Parchment Paper Affiliate Link
I debated about putting on a simple vanilla cookie icing on the apple pie cookies. I decided that a cookie icing wasn’t needed. This apple pie cookies recipe was sweet by itself, so an icing was needed.
Apple Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
This apple cinnamon cookies recipe is just like an apple pie. It is a soft cookie recipe with nice chunks of apple cinnamon in them. They are simply wonderful cookies.
Are they like the apple cookies I had growing up? Well, no they are not, but these cookies are just as good. These apple pie cookies are great with a nice big glass of milk!
Apple pie in a cookie, could you ask for anything more? A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup apples, diced and peeled
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease cookie sheet.
- Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl and beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry mix into creamed mixture and beat at la ow speed until just blended.
- Stir in oats, and apples and drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes then let them cool for a minute on the sheets, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- After cooled, then ENJOY!
- Calories: 329kcal
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 139mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: cookies, apple, cinnamon