I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Chocolate Caramel Gooey Bars is an easy cake mix bar cookies recipe! These eggless cookies are perfect to make with the family. One bite and you will be in love with these caramel bars.
Have you ever had eggless cookies? The edible cookie people love is actually eggless cookies but in dough form. Can I make a bar cookie that is also eggless cookies?
The answer came to me with cake mix cookies. It would be easy to turn the cake mix into eggless cookies!
Cake mix bar cookies
I could have just did a simple cake mix cookie like the Red Velvet Cake Mix Blossoms, but I wanted this to be a bar cookie, like brownies. It made sense that cake mix bar cookies would work for me. Why, well you have seen square cakes with a cake mix so why not a bar cookie!
I am a huge lover of caramel. So I knew making these bar cookies as caramel bars would be a favorite in my house. Finding the right cake mix to make these caramel bars as eggless cookies was a bit of a lot of experimenting.
I came to find if I use Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, which helped make the caramel bars taste better than regular vegetable oil. Still, these cake mix bar cookies needed something else.
What would go well with caramel? That is easy, chocolate! A chocolate caramel combination is perfect. All I need was a chocolate cake mix! German chocolate proved to be amazing in this chocolate caramel cookie bar recipe.
When I brought these wonderful chocolate caramel bars to work, my coworkers went crazy over them. They could not believe this was an eggless recipe!
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup melted Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (1/2 bag)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In mixing bowl, combine 1/3 cup milk, cake mix, melted coconut butter, flour, and nut.
- Press half of mixture into greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread caramel sauce over the cookie base.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the caramel sauce.
- Finally, crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Serve them up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g