Lemon Pomegranate Cookies are a delightful lemon cookies recipe. This Christmas cookie recipe is sinful with the white chocolate drizzle. One bite of these lemon cookies and you will be in love!
Christmas Cookie Recipe
I love a good Christmas cookie recipe! I look forward to every year making cookie recipes and making up my Christmas cookie trays. Every year I try to add one special Christmas cookie recipe to those trays.
Drop Cookie Recipe
One of the easiest cookies to make is a drop cookie recipe. For this lemon cookie recipe, I wanted to make these lemon cookies as easy as possible. So a lemon cookie recipe as a drop cookie recipe is the best way to make a Christmas cookie recipe.
Pomegranate and Lemon
My brain goes into overdrive when I think up new and exciting recipes. This Lemon Pomegranate Cookie took many forms before it became pomegranate and lemon. The truth is these lemon cookies became a pomegranate recipe because I had bought Pomegranate seeds to use in the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, I needed to use them up!
Cranberry sauce inspired a Christmas cookie recipe? Yes! My mom wanted me to do something different with cranberry sauce, so I thought Pomegranate seeds. Well, in a conversation with her, I found out she doesn’t like Pomegranate. Ok then, so what to do with the seeds? That is how lemon cookies became a pomegranate recipe!
Lemon Cookie Recipe
I decided to google Pomegranate cookies. I saw many pomegranate recipes but nothing was jumping out at me. Then I saw an ad for lemon cookies. The light bulb went off in my head. Why not do a lemon cookie drop cookie recipe. Lemon along with the pomegranate go well together.
White Chocolate Drizzle
What would make this lemon cookie recipe tie together? White chocolate! I was torn between just adding the chips or do a white chocolate drizzle. The white chocolate drizzle won out because, well it looks prettier on these Lemon Pomegranate Cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter (soften)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 whole lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment
- In large bowl, whip butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Scrape sides and mix again.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir until completely combined
- Stir pomegranate seeds in by hand gently
- Scoop rounded tablespoon fulls onto prepared baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes or until edges look barely golden.
- In a small bowl, melt white chocolate and drizzle over cookies.
- Let the chocolate harden then serve them up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120