Lemon Pomegranate Cookies are a delightful lemon cookies recipe. These pomegranate and lemon cookies are sinful with the white chocolate drizzle on it. One bite of this lemon cookie and you will be in love.
12 Days Of Cookies
Day 1 of my 12 days of Christmas cookies!! First of all, I am tagging all 12 of my cookie recipes with #12DaysOfCookies for the social media. So you should be able to find each one easily.
A lot of thought and planning went into creating these cookie recipes. I am so happy to have it all come together. I really hope you enjoy the 12 cookie recipes I have come up with for you.
Pomegranate and Lemon
My brain goes into overdrive when I think up new and exciting recipes. This Lemon Pomegranate Cookie took many forms before it became pomegranate and lemon. The truth is it came about because I had bought Pomegranate seeds to use in the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving.
My mom wanted me to do something different with the sauce, so I thought Pomegranate. Well, in a conversation with her, I found out she doesn’t like Pomegranate. Ok then, so what to do with the seeds?
Lemon Pomegranate Cookies With White Chocolate Drizzle
I decided to google Pomegranate cookies. I saw many. Nothing was jumping out at me. Then I saw an ad for this lemon dish cleaner.
The light bulb went off in my head. Why not do a lemon cookie drop type of cookie. Add lemon juice and zest along with the pomegranate. Afterall, lemon and Pomegranate go well together.
Then to tie these lemon cookies recipe altogether add white chocolate. I was torn between just adding the chips or do a drizzle. Drizzle won out because, well it looks prettier on these Lemon Pomegranate Cookies.
Lemon Pomegranate Cookies are a delightful cookie that is sinful with the white chocolate drizzle on it. One bite and you will be in love.
- 1/2 cup butter (soften)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 whole lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment
- In large bowl, whip butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Scrape sides and mix again.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir until completely combined
- Stir pomegranate seeds in by hand gently
- Scoop rounded tablespoon fulls onto prepared baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes or until edges look barely golden.
- In a small bowl, melt white chocolate and drizzle over cookies.
- Let the chocolate harden then serve them up and ENJOY!