Watermelon Rice Krispy Pops is a fun way to enjoy Rice Krispy treats! This Rice Krispy treats pops are the perfect summer themed snack for your kids. Who would love a marshmallow rice treat on a stick?
Summertime needs summer snacks. That was the inspiration behind this marshmallow treat pops. I saw a Rice Krispy pop in the shape of a flip-flop at the store and it inspired me.
Rice Krispy Pops
There are many shapes you can make with rice Krispy treats. I was thinking many things like a seashell, beach ball, even maybe a dolphin. For my Rice Krispy Pops, I decided simple and fun: watermelon.
How To Make Rice Krispy Treat Pops
When I watch shows like the Cake Boss, you see them sculpting these figures out of Rice Krispie treats. The marshmallow rice cereal treats are perfect to mold into a shape and put them on a stick. All you need besides a few ingredients is just your creative imagination.
Watermelon Rice Krispy Pops
How can I take Rice Krispie Treats and turn them into Watermelon Rice Krispy Pops? One answer is I need to tint the actual rice Krispies red for the red part of the watermelon.
That part is easy, how to get marshmallow treat to be a watermelon? After a few trial and errors, the answer came, colored melted chocolate!
Chocolate Dipped Rice Crispy Treats
I could not just dip these rice crispy treats in chocolate and be done. To make these marshmallow pops look like a watermelon, I have to do a bit of chocolate painting. It is still Chocolate dipped rice crispy treats, but it also a chocolate art project as well.
To give the Rice Krispy pops that watermelon look, I took a little bit of melted green chocolate and painted the border of where the red meets the green on a watermelon. Once I had that I would carefully dip the ends and bottom in chocolate up to that line.
Then again smooth out with chocolate painting the border and where I dipped with the paintbrush so it all in one. Sounds complicated but the truth is it very easy. Then I used melted chocolate that was black in a piping bag to make the seeds. Viola, you have Watermelon Rice Krispy Pops!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Red food coloring
- Green Candy Melts
- Back Candy Melts
- cookie sticks/cake pop sticks
- Grease a 9"W x 13"L x 2"H pan with vegetable shortening and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the unsalted butter and over low heat melt it.
- Add the marshmallows, and stir with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour in the cereal.
- Add a few drops of the food coloring.
- Stir until the cereal and marshmallow mixture is completely combined and red.
- Dump the sticky mixture into the greased pan.
- Grease your hands, then use them to smooth out the mixture and pat it down into one flat layer.
- Allow the treats to cool.
- Once cool, grease a sharp knife and use it to cut the treats into rectangles.
- Melt the green candy melts
- Using a food paintbrush, paint a green cholate semi-circle on one the long side of the treats.
- Dip the back side, the top, and bottom into the green melted chocolate.
- slowly dip up to the green line the top part.
- Using the paintbrush, smooth out the green chocolate so looks like a watermelon.
- Place the pops on wax paper to dry.
- Inset a lollypop stick into the great while the green chocolate is still wet.
- Use the paintbrush to smooth out any cracks in the chocolate from the stick.
- Once the green chocolate is set up, melt the black chocolate.
- Put the black chocolate in a piping and pipe on some "seeds"
- Let the black chocolate set up.
- Once it is cool, serve the pops up and ENJOY!
- Using a food paintbrush, paint a line in a semi-circle on one side the
You can use a Ziploc bag and snip off a small corner for a piping bag if you don't have that. That works just fine!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350