Caprese Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a healthy zucchini recipe. These vegetarian stuffed zucchini boats are full of wonderful caprese flavor. You love this recipe for zucchini boats for your zucchini from your garden! Serves 2
Things To Do With Zucchini
At work, I have patients bringing in vegetables from their gardens. One of the vegetables I am getting a lot of is zucchini. So I have been researching things to do with zucchini.
I know one of the things to do with zucchini is zucchini bread. I want to do more than just zucchini bread.
Healthy Zucchini Boats
I am in a constant makeover of my body with DIETS! It a girl thing, we are never happy with our weight. I think I have been on a diet since I was 10 years old.
So I am also looking for healthy recipes. I decided let’s make healthy zucchini boats with some of this zucchini. My healthy zucchini boats are stuffed with my favorite flavor, caprese.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats Vegetarian
Since I decided to do a healthy zucchini recipe and it is Caprese Stuffed Zucchini Boats that means this recipe is stuffed zucchini boats vegetarian!
Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
I admit I do like vegetarian recipes in the warmer months. So making this stuffed zucchini boats recipe vegetarian was very easy for me to do. The secret to this recipe for zucchini boats is seasoning the zucchini.
When you grill this beautiful zucchini boats, it the seasoning that makes taste so good I think. The fresh cracked pepper and sea salt just make these stuffed zucchini boats really burst with flavor.
Caprese Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a healthy, flavorful dish that will not wreck a diet and is perfect for the hot summer months. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10-15 leaves fresh basil
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cracked pepper
- sea salt
- Cut the zucchini in half length wise. The cut a well out the center portion on the zucchini. Cut a 1/2 inch to inch down and scoop out the center. You can save what you cut out and use in a saute for a pasta dish if you like.
- Next, mix the balsamic and honey together. Then drizzle it onto the well you made in the zucchinis.
- Then stuff the well with the mozzarella, you may need more, just depends on how big the zucchini is.
- Layer the basil leaves on top the cheese.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and lay them on the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the zucchini. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Take it out, slice it up and ENJOY!
You can grill this zucchini recipe. Wrap it up in foil and throw on the grill for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the foil and ENJOY!
- Calories: 181kcal
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: zucchini, healthy, caprese, vegetarian