Caprese Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Caprese Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a healthy, flavorful dish that will not wreck a diet and is perfect for the hot summer months.
Shake it up
I am looking to shake things up a bit on here.I think I am going to be asking for some guests recipe posts on here. I think it will be nice to give a little variety on this site. Another thing I think I am going to do was suggested to me by someone is updating old posts. Like, take new photos.
When I was looking back on some those older recipe posts here on Seduction, yes I was learning photography, and yes I was using my iPhone to take those photos, but YIKES! Wow! What was I thinking?? Ohh, wait, I was in that cast and bored out of my mind that was it. Seriously, the photos should be replaced. The recipes I will be updating I think will be:
That is just to start and see how the new photos, and also update the posts too. So we will see how well the photos look when I re-do them. Call it the makeover of the recipe photos!
What can I say, we girls like makeovers? Why do you think we change our hair or redecorate our living spaces. It is because we can, we are women and that is what we do.
Caprese Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Speaking of makeovers, I am in a constant makeover of my body with DIETS! It another girl thing, we are never happy with our weight. I think I have been on a diet since I was 10 years old.
I can ever not being on a diet. I am a plus size woman, I know this, been that way my whole life. I know how to eat healthily, my issue is the exercise, I know that.
I try to motivate myself, but I will be honest. I hate exercising by myself. Try to find friends, I get excited but they back out, with, “the kid has soccer, I am meeting my boyfriend.” Stuff like that. Let’s be honest, we all settle on an excuse when comes to working out.
Anyway, I am back to eating light and healthy again. Plus when we do have warm weather, the last thing I want to eat is heavy. That is what is perfect for this zucchini recipe, it healthy, it combines my favorite, which is the Caprese salad, and it just perfect for hot weather and a diet as well.
Caprese Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a healthy, flavorful dish that will not wreck a diet and is perfect for the hot summer months. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- Cut the zucchini in half length wise. The cut a well out the center portion on the zucchini. Cut a 1/2 inch to inch down and scoop out the center. You can save what you cut out and use in a saute for a pasta dish if you like.
- Next, mix the balsamic and honey together. Then drizzle it onto the well you made in the zucchinis.
- Then stuff the well with the mozzarella, you may need more, just depends on how big the zucchini is.
- Layer the basil leaves on top the cheese.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and lay them on the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive over the zucchini. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Take it out, slice it up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 181kcal Calories from fat 104|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Republished by Blog Post Promoter